Last time you cheated?

Options
I cheated today and as always I feel horrible! I know i'm not the only one who does this, but i'm just getting back on track does it get easier to not cheat? When was the last time you cheated and felt bad about it?

Replies

• kaylabrianna
    Options
    I haven't cheated in ages - I'd say about 6-7 months ago was the last time, and I'm pretty certain it was on pizza!

Keep going strong :)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    all week :( think friday was just awful
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat..if i want something that's not uber healthy..I workout and earn the calories..it's a lifestyle change for me..if I felt restricted, it wouldn't work for me...
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i think most if not all of us have bad days we are only human and somtimes have slip ups . if i have a bad day i put it behind me and try make the next day a better one
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to feel bad when I cheated, then I would just give up and go back to my poor eating habits.
    Now, when I do cheat, I don't feel bad. I just do better with the next meal, or exercise to allow me more calories.
    If you beat yourself up all the time you won't succeed.
    You can always set aside one day a week for a "cheat" day. Work out your calorie allowance so that it won't affect your daily/weekly goals.
    I had pizza and ice cream last night (stress eating), I'm doing better today and I don't feel guilty. Happens, move on, make better choices next time.
    Good luck and hang in there. your worth it!
  • Runninginmyconverse
    Options
    :happy: Thanks guys I feel much better!
  • joriha92
    joriha92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cheated big time yesterday and then a little bit today. For the past month I've had one cheat day a week because I started getting near my goal weight and because I started hating myself for sticking religiously to my calories. I don't wanna forget to live.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It is cheating if you are on a diet, and it is part of life and having a treat if you are making a lifestyle change. Obviously, some people choose to attempt a life free of the 'unhealthy' foods, and kudos to them if they can commit to and maintain a life like that, but for many, they simply make room in their daily life for treats and enjoy them, balancing it out with days where they don't have treats. Being on maintenance anyway, I have no trouble having treats as I workout hard 5-6 days a week and much of my diet is made up of fish, fruits, vegetables, greek yoghurt, eggs, pulses and nuts. If my weight starts to creep up, I just workout harder and cut down on the treats for a bit. Even on 1200 calories a day, there is room for something small, although I personally see no need for most people to be on that low an intake anyway, and I emphasise the word 'most'.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can cheat on MFP. You can over indulge or eat more do just being hungrier, stressed, hormonal, etc etc. Just keep track of the food, get in your activity and try to move past it. Usually doing a good workout makes me feel better...and less bloated on days that I over indulge. :)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    "due to just being hungrier..." good god my grammar tonight...
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    About an hour from now...we are meeting friends for greek food for dinner.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nothing I do is what I'd consider cheating, but I know there's some who'd think the 1000 calories of pizza I had for dinner was too much. Or the ice cream I had last night. Or the two huge pieces of birthday cake I had at my twin nieces' party last weekend. (Two girls, two presents, two pieces of cake... that's the way it goes.) Or the couple glasses of wine I had with the cake.

It's all food. No need to assign guilt to it. You ate it. You'll digest it. You'll poop it out tomorrow.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It's all food. No need to assign guilt to it. You ate it. You'll digest it. You'll poop it out tomorrow.

^^ that!
    And also, I find that when I just listen to my body, eat slower, I will know when to stop. Food is not evil. Portions and exercise is key!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Today I made cookies out of a boxed strawberry cake mix. I ate about 6 cookies worth of batter while the cookies were baking, and then I ate 6 cookies. There are about 12 cookies left, so I ate about half the box. Logged it to find that I ate ~1440 calories worth of cake mix. Oops!

I don't consider it cheating. Just a really food bad day not to be repeated in the near future.:blushing:
  • Runninginmyconverse
    Options
    Thank you all! I do feel a bit overwhelmed when I try to not eat any junk at all. Then I feel like I over do it when I "cheat". To think that i'll never be able to eat something with a few too many calories isn't really my cup of tea lol but I think what i'm going to start doing is work out six days a week and have a cheat meal once a week. I really appreciate everyones imput you've all given me lots of ideas and I know that everyone messes up sometime but it's really nice to hear that all of you did it too lol Thanks so much! :wink:
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    It's not cheating! You can't eat perfect every day. No one is perfect. Just move on. Allowing yourself to think of it as cheating, and feeling all guilty is only going to lead you to more bad days.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    nah I never cheat, don't believe in cheating. I believe in eating what I want and working it off before, during, and after if necessary but that isn't cheating - its life. Life happens, learning to roll with it and make the best out of every moment will create a sustainable lifestyle change when it comes to food and weight loss :-) Besides, why set yourself up with the mindset of failing and feeling guilty? Too much stress!!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I cheat with one meal every Friday night and don't feel a bit bad about it. Perhaps I would lose more than a pound a week without the cheat meal but I don't care. I feel good, I don't feel deprived, and I'm still losing.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with everyone else! Sometimes I'll have awful meals/days, but I just make sure I work out extra hard the next day (or for the rest of the week, depending on the damage) and eat well to make up for it. As people have pointed out, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, and that means you're going to have parties, nights out, special events, chocolate, cake, alcohol, awesome cheesy Mexican food (!). It's therefore more about what you do in your day -to-day life that really matters :)
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today I discovered that Walmart has No Bake Cookies!! I don't know how to make them myself (fortunately) so sometimes my mom makes them for me. But not often. Now I know Walmart sells them...and I bought a pack!
    I figured 59 calories per cookie, about 30 servings...I can portion that out? No...kind had half of the container and some ice cream early in the day.
    But I don't eat like this everyday!! I try to stay strict during the week days, and then have something special on the weekends.