New to Protein Powder and NEED HELP!!!

Okay, so for the first time tonight while I was out I bought myself - heaven help me here - some whey protein powder for women. (Chocolate, of course, nothing better!!!) Well, where I'm so new to this, tell me - how do you use YOUR powders? All I have in the way of recipes for the stuff is a foursome for protein bars from a fitness magazine, so I'm willing to take anything you can offer!!! Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Jennifer

Replies

• http://www.oxygenmag.com/

Check this site out, go to nutrition, then search protein powder- they have many, many ways to use it in recipes! As well, they give good advice around consumption of protein.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    I've heard protein powder cheesecakes are awesome. http://oliciouslife.com/protein-chocolate-cheesecake/
  • I use mine (EvoPro protein shake) as an alternative to milk on cereal. Completely yummy!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    What do you mean "protein powder for women"? How on earth is a protein powder gender specific? Anyway, I just make a shake with mine. 1 cup of whole organic milk, 1 cup cold coffee, some ice and 1 scoop chocolate. The coffee helps cut the sweetness and it ends up tasting like an iced mocha latte.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    The brand I bought was one that had a formula for both men and women, Bodylogix Protein >>, and I got it at the drugstore.

@tirtle: Thanks for the heads up on the website, I'm always buying that magazine, never really thought of checking out the site!!!

@vodkoffee: Oh, girl, you had to mention cheesecake didn't you? One of my biggest weaknesses. Thanks for the link, this'll be a big help - if I can keep my dad away from it!!! :laugh:

@herrytews: Hmm, never thought of that. Must be delicious!!! I'm a big cereal lover myself.

@lilawolf: Fellow coffeeholic here, yet another weakness. Hmm, mocha shake. Nice!!! Harder to get the organic stuff where I live, but I could probably sub in some skim or some almond milk. Thanks on that!!!
  • I too am also new to Protein and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one that tastes good.
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    So this is for vanilla protein powder, but I'm sure chocolate would be good as well!

Protein Pancakes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 banana
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp milk
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    spoonful of cottage cheese (if you dare!)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    handful of blueberries
    (i like to add stevia!)

Mash your banana in a bowl, add egg whites, then protein powder, then all other ingredients. Heat up your pan and add mixture, wait for it to bubble and flip. I don't always get a perfect flip, its still good!

Add fresh fruit, or agave nectar on top, or enjoy as is! Keep an open mind, and I'm sure you'll be surprised!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    What do you mean "protein powder for women"? How on earth is a protein powder gender specific? Anyway, I just make a shake with mine. 1 cup of whole organic milk, 1 cup cold coffee, some ice and 1 scoop chocolate. The coffee helps cut the sweetness and it ends up tasting like an iced mocha latte.

I am so trying this tomorrow morning!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    So this is for vanilla protein powder, but I'm sure chocolate would be good as well!

Protein Pancakes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 banana
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp milk
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    1 tsp cinnamon
    handful of blueberries
    (i like to add stevia!)

Mash your banana in a bowl, add egg whites, then protein powder, then all other ingredients. Heat up your pan and add mixture, wait for it to bubble and flip. I don't always get a perfect flip, its still good!

Add fresh fruit, or agave nectar on top, or enjoy as is! Keep an open mind, and I'm sure you'll be surprised!!

This may be a dumb question - but is the oatmeal raw or cooked before you add it into the mix?
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member

Protein Pancakes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 banana
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp milk
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    1 tsp cinnamon
    handful of blueberries
    (i like to add stevia!)

This may be a dumb question - but is the oatmeal raw or cooked before you add it into the mix?
    ^^Good question!!! Thoughts please? :bigsmile:
  • Hi there! There is a great source of information here about protein shakes, it explains when you should take them and why : http://www.leanlibrarianworkouts.com