Any teenagers out there?

Okay, so I want to lose 10lb to start with. UGW is 120lb at 5'10.

But it's so hard because I live at home and my parents always cook really unhealthy stuff, and expect me to eat it. They're not big on exercise either, and my mum still makes my lunch if I don't nag her not to.

Does anyone have family who jeapordise or make it harder to lose weight?

I'm 18 by the way but live at home still. And I'm Imo.

Replies

• emilyflock
    emilyflock Posts: 2 Member
    Teenager still living at home here, also 5'10 but my goal weight is around 130lb.

I just started South Beach Diet a few days ago, and what I've found to help me so far has been asking my dad to buy more healthy foods for me, coming along on trips to the grocery store, and exercising. I also started the Insanity Workout right before I went on South Beach (I torrented the workout since I'm cheap). It really gives you a lot of energy.

Ask for your family's help. If they're anything like mine, they'll be more than willing to help, and might even start to get healthier themselves.
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    I'm 18, trying to lose the last 10 pounds, and my family... not the best for losing weight! Feel free to add me:)

BTW, 140 might be a bit low, check it out :smile:
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    im 19 and visiting home for a couple months before going back overseas but i feel your pain.
    my mum is always making sweets and pastries and keeps the fridge stocked with chocolate.
    its so hard to resist sometimes but just keep your goal in mind
    make/buy your own food if you have to
  • Same happened with my parents. Just need o learn to eventually say no, whether or not your parents take it as disrespectful or not. Good luck on your weight loss! If you need motivation feel free to add
  • Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    I think 120 is way to low for being 5'10 because im 5'1 and my " suppose" to weight is 120 - 122, For 5'10 its 153 and the low for 5'10 is 132 so id rethink that if i were you.
  • hey there! I'm 4'11" YAY SHORT PEOPLE
  • I'm 18, 5'8 weighing 135 trying to lose 15 pounds. I have the same problem at home I just try to portion my food out and add a lot of veggies.
  • I have the same problem. My parents are always fixing greasy, fatty foods. I try eating healty, but there usually isn't a lot of healthy foods in the house. Feel free to add me!