Fresh Veggie mix

Options
So, I made a mix of : Summer squash, zucchini, snap peas, baby carrots, mushrooms etc ... tossed w/about 3 tablespoons olive oil & put some Mrs. dash on it and broiled it. I'm trying to figure out nutrition info. What is your go-to nutrition value site? Everything I pull up in the MFP database has really high fat counts, so I'm trying to start from scratch in figuring out the value.

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just use the recipe builder on here.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options

I second this.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

I second this.

I third it :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Recipe builder
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yep, recipe builder :) I know it can be tedious but it's the only way to be accurate, really
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a trick question. MFP is my preferred nutrition value website and if it seems to have a high fat content, it could be because you used 3 tablespoons of oil.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I second this.

I third it :)

I did put it through recipe builder, and I'm good with that. BUT there are so many things that are only *user submitted, just curious how to verify nutrition info.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I did put it through recipe builder, and I'm good with that. BUT there are so many things that are only *user submitted, just curious how to verify nutrition info.

If you are putting in the vegetables and oil in the recipe builder, you will get a pretty accurate value for calories. Everything you have in your vegetable recipe is in the database and verified, from the squash to the oil.