Hi, I'm new!

So, I've tried about everything under the sun and have deicided to stick with nutrition and exercise this time. It seems to be the only tihng that works. I'm new at MFP and would love help, support, suggestions along the way! I have about 45-50lbs to lose. So far, I love the food & exercise diary! I'm still trying to figure out the message boards though!

Replies

• Hello and Welcome. I have used MFP in the past and it really does work. I stopped using it and went back to my habits. Today I decided I am going to stick with it. I have a goal of losing 30lbs. Add me as a friend and we can help to motivate eachother. We can do this!!!
  • Hi,

I'm new as well and wired up and ready to get back into onederland! :)
  • ooh i love the food diary, especially when it tells you what you might be in 5 weeks :P feel free to add me also
  • kffossey
    kffossey Posts: 5 Member
    i Have been using mfp since 8/26/12 and am really frustrated i having been exercising 1 hour a day on treadmill with no results only weight gain I'm seriously thinking why bother so any advice would be appreciated
  • Hello! I've been on here for a few months now and am looking for motivated friends. I only have a few and I often find I am logging in by myself.
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Akffossey, are you keeping the food diary too? Stay with it. It does take time.
  • Welcome, I am new as well so if you would like to add me we can support eachother in this journey :)
    Mia
  • kffossey
    i am keeping the food diary too don't always use all exercise calories is that wrong
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    When you have been on the treadmill, have you tried doing some intervals? When I started doing HIIT (High intensity interval training), the scale really started dropping.
  • Trish5788
    Trish5788 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I'm new too! Feel free to add me, the more support we have the better this journey will be :)
  • kffossey
    i really haven't got higher than 6 for 3 minutes but did a 13 min mile at 5.1 which for me was progress and ended at 5.25 miles
    for 73.30 mins hopefully the scale will move in the right direction
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    welcome!. i am glad you are taking the effort,. good people here!