the difference between 20lbs lost and 40lbs lost

Options
the difference between 20lbs lost and 40... Im having a hard time seeing the difference, thought maybe you all could tell?? not trying to fish for compliments, Im being serious here... when I look in the mirror I still see fat me, so this is an attempt to prove my pesky degrading thoughts wrong. Feel free to post your photos too, I would love to see them

I wish I had saved my starting pic but here is 20 lbs lost
20lbs.png
photo storage

and now at 40lbs lost
40_lbs.png
image hosting sites

here is me in the same sweater
40lbs2.png

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference. Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You look great! And so much younger. Good for you!!!
  • ChrystalDutton
    Options
    You look great! And so much younger. Good for you!!!

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means!!
  • ChrystalDutton
    Options
    another comparison

front_weight_progress.png
    photo hosting sites
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    another comparison

photo hosting sites

With the 2 pix side by side i can diff see the difference. you looks smaller!!! Ps, does your clothes feel loser AT ALL?
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your stomach area, it doesn't stick out quite as much. I can also notice a difference in your face, you seem to have the same look of concentration but your face doesn't wrinkle up as much as the 20 lbs lost picture.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    another comparison

photo hosting sites

the sweater is not as snug across your chest...and on the belly area, it hangs straight instead of having little wrinkles in it. It is obviously not as snug in the waist area.
  • stralatheskinny
    Options
    you look *amazing* your face is slimmer...I notice some definition in your arms...looks great!
  • proudaunt
    Options
    Yep, noticable to me in your arms and face area. Congrats!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time seeing anything but the same ole fatty fat person in the mirror despite my own weight drop. All I can tell you is trust the people around you when they see they see the difference :) You do look great! Too bad you don't have a good starter pic, but you DO look great!

ETA: If you wanted to keep a better track of what changes are happening, set yourself up in "snug" clothes, snap a photo in a well lit place that shows as much of you as possible (easier to do if someone else has the camera!) Then in your NEXT photo shoot wear the same clothes (if they aren't too big! :P) and in the same spot, same lighting, same angle etc.. Then post them side by side. You will have yourself a much clearer idea of just how much you are changing with your weight loss :)

Good luck!!
  • RitaC21
    RitaC21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference. Your stomach is smaller as well as your face and your arms look more toned...for sure a difference! You're looking good! Keep it up!
  • ChrystalDutton
    Options
    another comparison

photo hosting sites

With the 2 pix side by side i can diff see the difference. you looks smaller!!! Ps, does your clothes feel loser AT ALL?

My clothes feel a lot more lose, Ive dropped a few pants sizes, and that is how I know I lost weight, but when I look in the mirror I dont see it so I get frustrated... its the same concept as the phantom limb syndrome that amputees have.
  • ChrystalDutton
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice words and encouragement!!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticable in the waist and hip area. Great job!
    Measurements help also
  • NShapeRunning
    NShapeRunning Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell in your waist and in your face.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!