Tortillas?

Options
I love mexican food, i worked at a mexican restaurant for almost three years. My problem is that when I make homemade quesadillas, tacos, burritos, the tortillas I use are full of calories and carbs. Does anyone have an easy, healtheir recipe to make tortillas?

Replies

• suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have used the Ole high fiber low carb tortillas for sandwich wraps in the past. They're not bad, taste-wise. And when you're filling them with flavorful Mexican food, I bet they taste even better :wink:
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry, these aren't homemade, but I do have to say I LOVE "Maria and Ricardo's" whole wheat tortillas. They are totally unlike other wheat tortillas, and have the right texture and everything. I used to be very hesitant about wheat tortillas until these. I get them at Whole Foods. Anyway, its good to cut out white carbs wherever you can :)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Thanks! We only have a couple of stores nearby so I will have to see if they carry either of those, if not might have to make the hour trip to wallmart and stock up
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Walmart carries some fat free tortillas.... about 80 calories each. Good and soft, for when ya just gotta have one!
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't be such a good idea for quesedillas, but you could try substituting lettuce leaves to make wraps with. Saves a ton on fat and calories and it tastes pretty good too! You can also use them in place of bread for a sandwich - use them to wrap up lunch meat in.
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Or if you are set on using tortillas, get smaller sized ones rather than the giant ones. That will also save on fat & calories.