What can I tweak to strip the fat??

Options
Hi Everyone,
Would appreciate any advice on what I can do to improve.

I generally try to go to the gym about 3 times a week, sometimes only make it twice. (Monday, Thursday & Saturday)
I do the following simple circuit with no rest between exercise.

20 x Standing Barbell Shoulder Press
20 x Press Up
20 x Upright Barbell rows
20 x Tricep dips
20 x Dumbell Squats
this is then repeated 3 times decreasing the reps , i.e. 15, 10 then 5 of each exercise

I then always try to do chest exercises generally 3 x 10 reps bench press, following this I do 20 mins cardio and finish with ab exercises.

To top this up I run 5k on a Sunday, and play football (soccer) every Wednesday evening for a hour.

I have lost a lot doing this, but now seem to be struggling losing, in particular I want to get rid of body fat (currently at 22%) but would like to get to at best 15%

Any ideas what exercise changes I can make to strip the last stubborn pounds????

Replies

• TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    may sound silly,....but dance,....it really does wrk!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    By building more muscle!
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can start doing the stair-masters .. It really builds great endurance on legs,
    and burns a lot of fat. YOu won't have to worry about losing muscle as in running.

And if you don't want to do it at the gym, you can hit a beach or school with plenty of
    stairs, bleachers, and get your sexy on....
  • tbear60
    Options
    I am new to this, and by no means an expert, but after looking over your food info. you may want to try increasing you water intake and your fiber a bit. You seem to do well on your sugars, but you could swap it out for SILK, unsweetened almond milk, or one of those. The unsweetened one has NO sugars in it and you could replace those carbs with healthier ones. Also, if that is your "normal" workouts and that is how you always do them, swap them out with a new one. Your body over time with get accustomed to what you are doing, like a habit! Surprise it and change out your workouts. Good Luck!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter what exercise you do

the only way to lose weight is with a caloric deficit and time
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's much more a matter of diet than training when trying to get the bodyfat to low levels. Lots of valuable nutrition and training info here: www.bodyrecomposition.com
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    its going to come down to your diet. you have already gotten some good info. i would start there.
  • sistershort1
    sistershort1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is what I am doing also swapping up the exercise routine every 3-4 weeks will help. Chris Powell from "Exreme Makeovers in Weight loss editon" is a weight loss coach of the morbid obese. His clients have experienced awesome results in as little as up to half their body weight in just one year. The name of his book, "Choose to Lose" is a quick and easy read. It would be well worth your time and Powell says it will help anyone get the results they are looking for. Good luck:smile: