Reached goal weight.. what do i do now?

Options
What do I do now? How can i possibly up my calories without gaining weight. I've upped my calories by about 200 a day and today I had a cheat day where I went to a sushi buffet for lunch, haven't properly exercised in a weeks time, I just don't wanna see the scale climb, how should I approach this?

Replies

• vcreinert
    Options
    Join Weight Watchers for maintenance purposes. You can go to a center or join online. If you don't have a maintenance program you will gain it all back in short time.
  • wazzanz
    Options
    Have thought about this too. Perhaps just use it intermitingly, Say 1 week a month and keep an eye on weight. If put on a few pounds then log for a week or 2.

Great effort BTW
  • xXMollySarusXx
    Options
    you can change your MFP settings to maintain your weight. go to:
    my home>goals
    it will give you several options and you can choose 'maintain my current weight' and congrats (:
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Approach it one day at a time. But keep up the exercise at least 3 days a week to help with the maintenance of it.

I up it about 200 cals a day for a couple of weeks and see how you are going.
  • mmmicheller
    Options
    I just wanted to lay off the exercise this week because I've been pretty sick and such, but now i'm paranoid i've gained some weight back because i've stopped exercising and upped my calories by a bit.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You need to be very careful, because you are eating very little, so it will be pretty easy to gain. Don't stop exercising. Keep it up and slowly add calories until the weight loss stops. If that's enough food, then you are ok. If not, then increase the exercise. The danger of losing with very low calories is what happens in maintenance. Whatever you do, keep logging your food, and don't cheat on the logging. Your cheat day today is fewer calories than most people eat on this site on a normal day.
  • ms_rayzd
    Options
    I'm pretty far to think about maintanence but just wanted to say congrats to you and best of luck!
  • mmmicheller
    Options
    I haven't even logged everything I ate today, but yea I did too little to loose weight that's why i'm really scared now that i'm trying to maintain.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs shy from where I need to maintain. My plan is to focus on another goal for my body, which is building muscle. To get my body to where I think is perfect, will probably take a life time so I see something always to build a goal for.

I have done a little research on this as I'm close. Here are a few links that may help...

http://christinasfitness.com/fitness/6-tips-to-avoid-weight-loss-sabotage/

http://christinasfitness.com/weight/the-secrets-to-maintaining-your-weight-after-dieting/