Is it good to have a cheat day or a splurge day??

Options
Just wondering if it is ok to have a cheat day or a splurge day. I usually really stick to my diet every single day, but on Sunday after church, I have anything for lunch that I want, and then I don't usually eat anything for dinner except maybe a yogurt or fruit or something light. For breakfast I will have my normal 400 calorie whatever, but splurge for lunch... Just on Sundays. Does anyone else do this, or should I back off from doing this?

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea, personally, but a lot of people do it.

I'm just pretty unrestricted all the time. I will go over any day if there is something I really want, and fit a mini indulgence in pretty much every day.
  • srhargraves
    Options
    I wish I could do that...but that's how I get off my diet. Although, I do eat anything I want. I just keep it under 1500 calories. So really I don't deprive myself at all...but on Sunday, I just don't count the calories..
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I usually don't count calories if I'm doing something with my family, but that's not a weekly thing.

I would recommend tracking it for a couple of weekends, just to see how far off you are. If it's way big (like 1000 calories over or something) then I would tone it down. You don't want to reverse an entire week's worth of work in one day, you know? Look at your weekly Nutrition and see how you are doing for the week.

One meal a week should be ok, so long as it's not too large of a "splurge" I would still try to make mostly healthy choices, but at the same time, not deprive myself.