Hello, MFP! 34 y.o. mom - son on the autism spectrum

Options
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 34 year old mom and wife living in Alabama who enjoys lifting weights, crossfit, and loathes with every fiber of my being, running.

I followed the EAS Body for Life programming and went on to venture in to NPC Bikini competitions and now am a consultant for IsAgenix as well as working a full time job.

My friends love this place and I hope to meet some wonderful people who share in the same goals.

After my son, I was 184 lbs and was able to take the weight off and keep it off for now 5 years (started losing when he was one).

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

Replies

• majormite
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me. I'm sure with your son it has been a tremendous challenge! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • MissKatie_J
    MissKatie_J Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do we have any other people here with children on the spectrum or special needs?
  • bridekm
    Options
    I don't have any kids (yet), but I work with children and families who have been touched by Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Springfield, Mo area.
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 year old that is a high functioning autistic little girl. I also have a 9 1/2 year old daughter that I believe has/is aspergers. My 9 1/2 year old is very high academically, so the school district doesn't help out. My 6 year old is in a SDC and hit her teacher and eloped from her classroom this week. Wonder why I my weightloss is at a standstill?!?
    Feel free to add me. Maybe we can get through this together
    TripMom
  • DiLyCoSa
    Options
    My 2.5 year old son is on the Spectrum!