Gluten Free????

Options
I am just starting to try a gluten free lifestyle. If there is anyone out there that has already made the change or wants to, I am looking for "friends" to do this with.

Replies

• AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free and my diary is public :)
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to gluten free eating also but my diary is open. You can add me!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free since 2004 and my diary is public also. Add me if you want and message me if you have any questions.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out if it's gluten or dairy or both that's bugging my stomach lately so I'm ditching both for an experiment .. does anyone else have problems with it, or are you going gluten free for other reasons?
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I first figured out I had a wheat allergy when I started getting these huge, itchy, hard, spider like hives all over my body. I was also really, really tired, and also constipated and if it's not tmi ridiculously gassy (more than normal vegetarians). I've been mostly wheat free for almost a month. No hives. No extra sleepiness. I only experience constipation and extra gas when I consume wheat. Like, two times this week I had a Special K bar and experienced both symptoms. Within a day of stopping eating wheat all of my symptoms go away.

I don't think I'm celiac, but I haven't been tested. I'm a self medicator because let's face it, we can't all afford health insurance. :) But the internet is a wonderful thing! I was experiencing those symptoms for 2 months before I linked it to the wheat.
  • Tamara_Lynn
    Options
    I have been having some tummy issues, but I wanted/needed to make a drastic change.
  • mmangels111
    Options
    I found out that I am gluten sensitive about 4 years ago. I think people have different reactions - I hope things are going well with you! My symptoms vary when have something with gluten. Sometimes are worse than others. I have body aches, swell and/or cannot stay out of the bathroom. If I can be of help, please let me know. It can be rough!
  • mmangels111
    Options
    I have been gluten free for 4 years - when I make a mistake or eat something with gluten, my body tends to rebel a bit. If I can be of any help, let me know. It isn't an easy thing - but it can certainly be done. I feel much better when I haven't had any gluten in my system!
  • rcaton3
    rcaton3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with stomach "disturbances" for over 20 years. At first they said it was lack of a gallbladder, then it went to IBS. I used to think it was anything that I ate that had fat in it. Removed the fat and still had the problem. Then about 2 weeks ago I went to the dr. and told her I thought there was a connection because over the course of a couple of months I've noticed that when I didn't eat wheat, etc. I wouldn't have the "disturbances", wasn't in a fog or completely exhausted. Needless to say I am learning to read labels, read labels, read labels. My only problem is gluten seems to be in everything. salsa, vanilla extract, etc. It's insane! I've totally decided to just eat at the house that way I know what I'm eating and I don't feel like c$%p anymore! IT's not worth it!
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free as well and my diary is public, feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free and loving the results! Feel free to add me...anyone!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I am not only gluten free, but also live the lifestyle mentioned in Forks over Knives. I highly recommend you either watch the movie or read the book. I also don;t eat dairy.

Add me if you like.
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Gluten free/wheat free Read the book Wheat Belly. My diary is open too. Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me.