Am I The Only One Struggling With Eating?

Options
I have been counting my calories and set my limit to eating 1600 calories a day, but my weight loss has been very slow. I am 5'9 and weigh 243. What am I doing wrong? Should I increase my calories? Feel free to add me as well!

Thanks in Advance MyFitness Family!

Replies

• lulubrer
    Options
    Are you exercising? It sounds like you need to up a little more on the calories, not much, maybe 1700.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!!! I'm watching my calories, maybe not eating exactly salad 24 hours a day, but I'm exercising 1.5hours a day 5 days a week and I don't see any change, well, a slight change in my body, but not on the scales!!

Harumph!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more, or lift weights to increase your metabolism.

It's really common for people to underestimate the amounts they're eating. Be sure to measure/weigh everything especially the high calorie stuff like cheese, butter and oil.

One more thing to think of sometimes you lose inches before pounds and sometimes you think you're in a plateau and then a few pounds will release all at once.
  • purple_tux1
    Options
    whoops
  • gholmesjr
    gholmesjr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yea I am but I may need to increase the intensity or completely revamp my workout plan.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I would say the first issue is that you are not logging what you are eating, I mean one day you are at 2400 calories and the next 800 and then nothing for days, log everything for two weeks and then come back and ask the same question when people can see what your doing (eating/exercise) then they can better advise as to where you may be able to improve.
  • purple_tux1
    Options
    I took a peak at your diary and looks like you are eating alot of fast food. That stuff can really pack on the pounds. Maybe try doing more food preparation at home.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Well . . . First, how slow is slow? A pound a week is slow, but it adds up.

Second, you're not logging. If you don't log, it doesn't work. That's the whole gig.

Third, what you eat doesn't look all that healthy - low cal or not.

Look over your diary and see what you're eating now. Track meticulously for a week. Re-evaluate.

It's tedious, but it's the only way. Really.
  • susiewwj
    Options
    Try high intensity interval training (i.e. Insanity). Nothing works as fast as HIIT! :)