>300 net cals yesterday??

aly23999
aly23999 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
so yesterday i ate 3 meals and ran 7 miles. i looked at my report and apparently my net calories for the day was less than 300. that seems unhealthy to me. should i eat more today to compensate? or is it besides the point now.... obviously on days i work out i need to eat more. i'm assuming you don't lose weight this way, by netting only 300 calories, as your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto it... but please correct me if i'm wrong!!

Replies

• epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I wouldn't worry about if it is just one day. But I do agree that it would be unhealthy to do every day and you need to make sure you eat more on the days that you have workouts.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    So, one of the big things I try to make sure people understand is planning. You should try to plan your meals for the day, and when you do that plan, take into account that you will be exercising. That doesn't mean you have to know how many calories you will burn in the exercise, but you should be aware that you will have extra calories to eat, and add in some food to your plan to make up for it.
    This is key to a healthy plan that will allow you to continue long term with good results. 300 net calories is bad new, maybe not so horrible for one day, but repeat this for a week or more, and you're doing harm to your body, and you really will cause problems with weight loss long term.
  • so SHBoss, if i ate a little extra today over my allotted calories do you think it would pan out and be okay?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    so SHBoss, if i ate a little extra today over my allotted calories do you think it would pan out and be okay?

nah, don't do that, just continue on. One bad day isn't horrible, but you shouldn't try to make up for bad days either by eating more or (in the case of overeating on a day) eating less the next day. Each day should be a clean slate, as the body's not going to save calories for the next day, so neither should you. :flowerforyou:
  • okay, well i ended up going to the gym today so all's good! thanks for your help!!!
This discussion has been closed.