TV Series, Need your recommendation

Options
Hi all,

I've just started watching Sherlock from BBC and am hooked. I nvr expect a tv show could give that kind of satisfaction to me.
I rarely watch TV and follow any tv series. Since Sherlock only have 3 episode for each season, I'm thinking to watch other tv series.

Can you give me idea what series that i should watch?

Replies

• amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    the killing on ame is my new fav , i also like breaking bad .........
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Sons of Anarchy

Dexter
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Elementary and Perception are both good. Along similar lines to Sherlock.
  • Sarahrahi
    Sarahrahi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you like crime procedural drama series i would recommend The Mentalist and Castle. Plenty of seasons to watch and current seasons are still being aired. Person of Interest and Perception are good too but fairly new, with the latter having a short season format. Elementary is a new show altogether, and its first season is being aired this fall. Happy viewing!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you like the writing in Sherlock, you'll probably like Doctor Who (particularly from season 5 onward), as Stephen Moffat writes both shows.
  • AnnilyiahMarie
    AnnilyiahMarie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lost Girl on SYFY
    ALL ANIMAL PLANET SHOWS
    Switched At Birth on ABC Family
    Bad Girls Club: Mexico on Oxygen
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If you like Sherlock you will enjoy Dr. Who and Torchwood as well (Torchwood is a spin off of Dr. who but you don't need to watch Dr. Who to understand what is happening) - both are on netflix. Start with Dr. 9 (Series one of the newest series with Christopher Eccleston as the Dr) The older series is excellent (I have watched them all from Dr. 1 up) but the new stuff is what everyone seems to love the most.

Jekyll is good as well - it too is a BBC show, as well as Luther.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Drama Shows:
    Lost
    Desperate Housewives
    Grey's Anatomy
    Sons of Anarchy
    Dexter
    Vampire Diaries
    Lie to Me
    Bones
    Pretty Little Liars (Guilty pleasure haha)

Comedy:
    The Office
    Modern Family
    Parks and Recreation
    30 Rock

I watch WAY too much TV! This is what happens when you're forced to go to college far away from your hometown and live alone
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Pushing Daisies.

Really anything by Bryan Fuller...
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Arrested Development. So under-rated, but it's amazing.
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sherlock BBC is AMAZING!

Pysch and Grimm are pretty good. The new Covert Affairs season is about to resume.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Exactly what I was going to say. Homeland too but it's only had one season so far and season 2 starts tomorrow
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Criminal Minds is the one I am hooked on.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    If you like Sherlock you will enjoy Dr. Who and Torchwood as well (Torchwood is a spin off of Dr. who but you don't need to watch Dr. Who to understand what is happening) - both are on netflix. Start with Dr. 9 (Series one of the newest series with Christopher Eccleston as the Dr) The older series is excellent (I have watched them all from Dr. 1 up) but the new stuff is what everyone seems to love the most.

Jekyll is good as well - it too is a BBC show, as well as Luther.

The guy who produces Sherlock is currently the producer on Doctor Who. Great show. So much love for it.

I'm a big Nikita fan. Watching that girl kick so much butt is deeply satisfying.

And when I can I enjoy episodes of Leverage and Community.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Supernatural
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    If you like the writing in Sherlock, you'll probably like Doctor Who (particularly from season 5 onward), as Stephen Moffat writes both shows.

Stephen Moffat gave different kinda of Sherlock, yet still authentic. I nvr thought Sherlock could be funny, but not comical and over-the-top like RDJ's version (I like RDJ though, he's a good actor).

Why season 5 onward? am i going to understand the story if i just start watching it from season 5?
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you live in the uk and have sky or virgin I suggest mount pleasant or Gates now these are comedy's that are funny oh and mrs browns boys
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    cs,i criminal minds, merlin
  • donnajcruz
    Options
    Favorite series right now is the excellent Hell on Wheels on regular TV. Killing, Hawaii 50, Bluebloods, are also good. On the pay channels, there is Boss, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Justified, Newsroom. If some are not on right now, they could be out on DVD.