7 Months progress

Options
BEFORE PIC 30/01/12

2j0xeyw.jpg

AFTER PIC/ BEFORE STARTING BULK 30/09/12

153ptg1.jpg

ABBS 30/09/12

4zvzpi.jpg

In April 2011 i decided to give up smoking again after numerous attempts and failures, and had managed to pack on the weight due to replacing smoking with food on every attempt, i got to the point where i couldn't breathe and tie my shoe laces at the same time, so something clicked upstairs and i decided to lose weight and get fit!! As a lorry driver i spend a lot of time sitting on my backside, so getting healthy is quite important, plus the fact of heart disease in my family which both of my grandads have had bypass surgery for! I was given a weider multi-gym by one of the customers i deliver to and about the time i started i also got my 1st I-phone with some very useful apps ( Who says technology is bad for you) Using myfitnesspal, runkeeper and Gymgoal as my tools on my phone i embarked on my personal fitness mission :-)!!

When i started i could hardly walk, let alone run without the most intense shin splints and know im doing a regular 5 mile jog and 4 days split weight training (Monday to friday = morning fasted cardio for 45 minute to 60 min sessions and Sunday = Chest/Tuesday = Back/Thursday = Shoulder and abbs/Friday = Legs + week of work inbetween lorry driving) Weights completed in my bedroom on multi-gym and cardio on the street!

Now my bodyfat is nearing where i want it to be my goal is going to change for the winter, i feel a bit skinny and now want to bulk up with minimal fat gains hopefully, With Myfitness pal im going to keep a tight watch on my calories during my bulk! Im also going to have to join a gym, as my multi-gym doesn'thave enough weight and im restricted with what exercises i can perform on it!! Im going to keep up the weights but go heavier and cut my cardio right down to 2 to 3 times a week, because my wife says i need to get another job to feed my self and i don't think i can fit that in!!

I posted a while back, but without much of explanation, hope this is good motivation! Seeing motivational posts on here has helped me no end, nice to know we are not alone in our weight loss journey!

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    well done
  • spamhead06
    spamhead06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Had a little trouble getting the images on, lol. Thanks.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Check out those abs!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    nice
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done :-)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good work!
  • JamesWay84
    Options
    wow, super!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! A whole new you, congrats!!
  • spamhead06
    Options
    Thanks to you all,i've just got to get used to my new reflection in the mirror and get used to people treating me in whole new way, some good, some bad. People are funny. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys :-)
  • nevacontent
    Options
    Congrats on your weightless. For your at home gym, are you using free weights or a machine?
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • eduardoschoen
    Options
    Great results! I am glad your hard work and dedication paid off. Keep it up and I hope you accomplish your goals of bulking up with muscle!

Way to go!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic, keep it up!!
  • spamhead06
    Options
    Congrats on your weightless. For your at
    home gym, are you using free weights or a machine?

It's a weider multi gym with Bench press, military press, Leg press, high pully, low pully, pec dec, leg extension and assisted dip station, and have been using bodyweight for lunges and decline, incline pressups, im going to join a gym because im very restricted with what i can do and there isn't enough weight, bench press max 273 lbs and leg press 455 lbs, but from beginning of weight loss strength has stayed the same, maybe increased a little, not performed many isolation exercises mainly compound except for shoulders!
  • Chellie_Bellie
    Options
    Excellent job! Thank you for sharing.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Hey, that is a GREAT motivation! Congrats on your transformation and thanks for all the hard work and being an inspiration.
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    Great results Spam! Good luck on the bulk.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Very Nice!!Congratulations.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Whoo Smokin'! Way to go!
  • Molly182
    Options
    that's so awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!