abs circle pro

Options
Hey,

does anyone in the world of mfp have an abs circle pro? If so what do you class it as?? I have one collecting dust in my house and thought I better make use of it but until I have my HRM I have no idea how many calories I'd be burning!?!?!?

Thanks to anyone who helps or understands my confusion,

Steph

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You should do it, have fun with it and not bother with logging it. I don't really know how well these gidgets they sell on late night tv actually work other then the changing your diet part.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking of just not logging it! I used it ages ago and got a waist forming! But then got bored lol. Thanks for the help :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    can you link it? I've never heard of such a thing.
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    I never logged mine!
  • Words123
    Options
    Log your progress, and share it. Proven to be more successful, you're not accountable only to yourself so, usually, you try harder :)
  • harrenst
    Options
    I googled about the Ab Circle Pro. One article said 30/cal per 10 minutes. The following article didn't say but had good advice about its function, ie. too fast was inefficient because you would be letting momentum prohibit effort. Too slow and you'd have to spend a LONG time doing the workout.

"The right way to workout with this fitness machine is somewhere in the middle at a medium pace. How fast exactly changes from one person to the next and is up to you to test out and determine. I recommend trying the machine out in various speeds and seeing where you feel the most strain. This is the speed in which you need to workout. This strain should be on your abs and waist, not your arms. Make sure to use the abdominal muscles to propel you from side to side, and not any other muscle."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3512901

Hope that helps. My Pro has been a dust collector also.
  • harrenst
    Options
    Here's another tidbit. Personally, I think I'd compare it to a 3 mph walk. Also, does your Ab Circle develop a "track?" Mine produces a bumpy ride unless I clean the wheels and the surface before every workout, sort of annoying.

"For a person weighing 155 pounds, the light aerobic exercise required by the Ab Circle will expend 352 calories over the course of an hour. For a person weighing 190 pounds, that number increases to 431"

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/314690-the-calories-burned-on-the-ab-circle/#ixzz27wyd8OFh
  • fstephanie4
    Options
    can you link it? I've never heard of such a thing.

http://www.abcirclepro.co.uk/. :)
  • fstephanie4
    Options
    Didn't expect so many responses!!!! Thanks to you all it helps :) feel free to add me :)
  • ThisIsItAt50
    ThisIsItAt50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great information, thank you for sharing! :)