Apple cider vinegar

Options
I had a tip from a friend about drinking apple cider vinegar to help with weight loss. I take one tablespoon a couple of times a day with water (last 5 days). Found it is helping not only hunger but my skin is looking clearer as well.

Just wondered how other people had found using apple vinegar? Does this really work or is it me just wanting it too?

Replies

• LakeSideAsylum
    Options
    I have been taking Bragg's Raw ACV for about a month. Lots of improvements. I don't dilute.it. I do it measured into a shot glass and immediately follow with a glass of water. I had a hard time stringing it out in a diluted concoction. My face is not breaking out with acne anymore and it has helped with joint discomfort. I started it because I have an aunt and uncle who swear by it. I have to say I believe my energy level has increasd as well
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar and it's great. It really cleans out the body. The best thing it's done for me is my skin. I have really oily skin and it breaks out often, and that just hasn't happened while using that. It also gets rid of those pesky marks I have. I think it's great.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump! Might have to try this myself. Three times a day??? What is everyone's regimen? Combinaiton skin here prone to breakouts.
  • neentree
    Options
    I've been hearing about how great apple cider vinegar is for you, I'm definitely more keen to try it now after reading how great it seems to work for you guys :). I have oily skin and am prone to break outs.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I doubt it will affect weight loss. Mostly skin and acid reflux issues.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    it's a key ingredient in crock pot pulled pork
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I started it about a month ago as a non-rx approach to managing my GERD. It seemed to help for a couple of weeks, but then...for lack of a better description...stopped working. Still continuing to have a tablespoon(ish) before meals. I dilute it in just enough water to make it "slammable". (However, just yesterday I was diagnosed with SIBO which could definitely be a more prominent factor in my GERD symptoms.)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've been saying for months I will try it but I think I'll barf. I gag easily.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    it's a key ingredient in crock pot pulled pork

LOL
  • randomirrelevant
    Options
    I like to have cucumber slices soaked for 24+ hours in vinegar as a snack or part of a meal. It does seem to help suppress hunger a little but that is not why I started eating them. They're just a taste I've acquired. I would not just drink vinegar straight, however. *shudder* I had an older cousin who told me to close my eyes and open my mouth once, said she was going to pour chocolate syrup into my mouth... twas vinegar instead.
  • LakeSideAsylum
    Options
    I take 2 tablespoons 30 minutes prior to a meal. I had went to visit an aunt and uncle in August and they both were doing it. He says , stick with it for a month and you will see the benefits. So, I have and it has made a difference.

It has to be raw, unfitered, avc. Like Bragg's brand. You can get it at H-E-B, GNC, and some other stores.

Let me tell you, it is just awful, you do get a little better at taking it. If you google it, some people mix a concoction to sip on. I said screw that! I am not going to string it out. I shoot it and follow with a glass of water. Then it's over! ;)
  • thenessa
    Options
    Bump.