Hello

Options
I have been on this site for a little less then a week now. And I am finding it very useful, And the different blogs and post I have read so far really make me believe I can do this. I am 33, have two very active children, and need to lose 40 to 50 lbs. My goal is at least 40lbs. I want to do this, and have been trying to battle this for a few years now. Not very successful, in fact I think I gained more over the last 2 years than I have lost(ups and downs, more ups). I am determined to make 2010 my year to shed the extra weight. I even went out and bought the Shred DVD. I was doing good with that, but then my son decided to share his cold with me. He is so nice to share. lol. But my plans are to get back on top with that too on Monday. Any advise or incouragement from others I will gladly take. I am determined this year. And I will get back down under 200 lbs. Nothing else is acceptable, I want to be active with my children, not out of breath. I did go to the doctors about a year ago to see if maybe he could prescribe something that would help. And I am thankful to him, he would not, he said first thing to do is blood work to see if there were reasons to why I was struggling so hard. Like I said, I am thankful. We found out that my iron was extremely low, and that my Thryiod does not work like it should. Who knew. That really made a difference in energy levels, and even my moods. But makes it so I can't use prescriptions to lose weight, unless it is all natural, can mess with the thryiod medications. So okay, its all up to me, and I will do it. I have to do it, not just for my children, my family, but for me. Any thoughts please share them.

Replies

• amoreco
    Options
    Hi! I know that is not easy, I have 3 children that make me very busy.... I start a week ago and I feel great and very excited. Dont give up...
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just don't think of it as a chore, think of it as a game. So far I have been having a blast trying to find foods with less calories. My husband started counting calories on his IPod before I started this site last week.... I thought he would drive me crazy, hovering over me when I cook checking all the calories. I figured if I can't beat him I may as well join him. We even have our 13 year old son (Whos as skinny as a stick figure) looking at calories on labels. Welcome to the site... and good luck.
  • Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My 15 year old daughter is also using this site, but for gaining weight. Geez wouldn't that be nice. She is only 105lbs, and 5"2. But she is learning how to eat better by using this. So that is good.
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi ................I know what you're going thru. I've been trying for a long time to lose my weight, but instead I just keep gaining a little at a time. A lot of mine has to do with stress and the fact that I hate to exercise. But, I am determined that 2010 is going to be my year to lose. I only need to lose about 27 pounds, but for me that's like a 100. Finding this site has been an amazing eyeopener for me. I've never tracked my calories before and since I have been, I know I was eating enough for about 3 people. This site also provides a lot of encouragement which is good when you get down and think you just can't do it. Set yourself some goals and take it one day at a time. You can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do what I can to help.......Good Luck!!:smile: