Question about hair

Options
So it's time for me to get my haircut. I've had my hair longer than usual for some time but it is difficult for me to decide what would really look good on me. Before I kept my hair a little longer I had always had my hair short since I was a kid. I'm kind of bored of that look and want something that I could perhaps style a bit with some product. I need a woman's touch on this subject and thought this would be the perfect place to ask. Anyways, suggestions from any cosmetologists or any wannabe-cosmetologists for this rug of hair?

DSC00172.jpg

Bonus question: Beard or no beard?

DSC00171.jpg

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like the beard. Maybe groomed a little neater, but I like the scruffy! I like your curly locks!
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I dunno, maybe lose the scruff, you look cuter that way!!! If you do keep it however, just trim it up a bit so you don't start looking like the Incredible Hulk with a beard. :laugh: Where you have a lot of wavy locks, keep it neat in back so you don't get what they call "taxi driver neck", other than that just get a trim up!!! You really don't need much done.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love the scruff! It makes you look older and more mature.

If you plan on keeping it, maybe try something a little more polished and short up on top to offset the scruff, so you don't look completely homeless, lol. This is a pic of my brother, I think his scruff and hair looks really nice, you might want to try something like this:

171192_10100209614038681_6251015_o.jpg

dang it, lemme try another picture...:grumble:

206585_10100398408682701_3985399_n.jpg
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Beard for sure.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Don`t like facial hair, a breeding ground for bugs with left over food and drink.

Clean shaven all the way

but do what makes you feel happy !!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i like the hair at the lenght it is, maybe some sorta product to make those curls shine.... and less beard, not completely gone, just not so much
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    I love the scruff! It makes you look older and more mature.

If you plan on keeping it, maybe try something a little more polished and short up on top to offset the scruff, so you don't look completely homeless, lol. This is a pic of my brother, I think his scruff and hair looks really nice, you might want to try something like this:

171192_10100209614038681_6251015_o.jpg

dang it, lemme try another picture...:grumble:

206585_10100398408682701_3985399_n.jpg

Exactly like that gets my vote :)
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Keep the beard :) maybe use some product to accentuate your curls, the length is ok. And btw im very jealous of your skin :)
  • 041jackson
    041jackson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep the beard :) maybe use some product to accentuate your curls, the length is ok. And btw im very jealous of your skin :)

Me too!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I think you should trim your hair up a bit don't cut all of it off but keep some length. Also keep your beard trimmed I love the scruffy look it looks really good on you!! :0)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I think you should trim your hair up a bit don't cut all of it off but keep some length. Also keep your beard trimmed I love the scruffy look it looks really good on you!! :0)

def keep the beard trimmed up. If you have a lady, what does she like?
    I think you look more approachable clean shaven
  • HypnoticHaylee
    Options
    I usually dislike facial hair, but yours looks great. I think you should grow your hair even longer
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Not an educated opinion, and I usually don't like scruffy men, but it looks good on you! You can pull off the longer hair and facial hair.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love your hair! I vote just trim it a bit. I say no scruff. :)
  • MJH5773
    Options

def keep the beard trimmed up. If you have a lady, what does she like?
    I think you look more approachable clean shaven

I actually don't have a lady so I was just going off of the opinions from my family. Seems like there is no general consensus here but I'm loving the varying opinions and am glad to hear that I don't need much done to it (like I don't need to totally shave my head or anything).

I've had facial hair for a long while now (my beard has grown way longer than in the picture) so I may rock the clean shaven look for a while. But if I let it grow out its good to know that I don't HAVE to shave it all off and that a trim would look ok as well. As far as my hair is concerned I may go in for a trim just to see how that looks. Great thing about hair is that it will just grow back and we can start over again.

Thanks for the input girls! More are definitely welcome! :D
  • Qns1980
    Qns1980 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the beard!
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should change a thing :) I always prefer a man with a beard.
  • thebeltfits
    Options
    Yes, like the beard, but clean it up.