Reached my first goal of 10 lbs!

Options
:happy:
For too long I made every excuse of why I was gaining weight. I was sure there was something wrong with me, that my metabolism had just turned off or something. After my visit with my doctor, all the results came back normal and it was time for the heart to heart. When I took a real look at what I was doing, it was all very clear. My portion sizes were matching my husbands and although we were hiking and doing things on the weekends, most of the week I wasn't getting any excercise. I decided the time to change was now. I began walking on my 10 min. breaks at work instead of playing on the computer, I avoided the treats in the breakroom by eating small healthy meals every few hours, and I started having a salad before dinner each night. I found that doing that allowed me to have a "normal" meal with my husband but still maintain my portion sizes. I recently started working out in the evenings with a group of friends. This morning when I weighed in I was estatic to find I'd lost my first 10 lbs since writing my goals! This is just the beginning!

Annual doctors visit in Nov.'09: 216 lbs.
Jan. 1st: 203
As of Feb. 13th: 193!
By my Birthday 3/5/10: 185
By July 4th: 160
By my wedding aniversary 9/10/10: 145 (back to my wedding weight! I'll put the dress on to make sure :flowerforyou: )
By next Nov. doctors visit: 130-135 (now see if we are having the diabeties/heart disease pep talk!)

Replies

• hmr1117
    Options
    Thats fantastic!! Congrats on reaching your first goal!:) Im sure it will be smooth sailing!:)
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is great. Keep it up and you will reach your goals. It helps to add friends for support and motivation. Good Luck on your journey to the new you.

Todd
  • LETIN1
    LETIN1 Posts: 38
    Options
    :smile: Great job!! Keep up the good job.
  • helensd
    Options
    Good for you, I can relate, seems I have been doing the same things as you, eating same meal as spouse who is 7 inches taller than me. etc. I started on here yesterday, determined to break this cycle and eat a few smaller meals a day, and do soup or salad pre meal, and increase my water. etc. I have made it a day and a half so far, and am optomistic it will continue. So it helps to read your story and that of others to know I just need to do it. :-) Congrats on your first goal. Hope to post mine soon.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That's wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!:bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: You're doing an awesome job! :drinker: Keep it up, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :wink: :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!