i got drunk last night..

Options
I ate almost 1000 calories over my limit. My belly's bulging out more. What can I do today to lessen the impact of yesterday?

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You play you pay lol :) You are 21, you can bounce back :)
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    drink lots of water and vit c or hot green tea
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    Good advice. Lots of water. Hydrate. Eat fresh veggies and protein. Treat today like a reset button :)
  • helensd
    Options
    My new thing when we go out is to drink the 64 calorie beer and have a glass of water in between each one. If you dont care to explain your diet to someone, just say your hot. :-) Good Luck.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You can't really do anything to take back what you did yesterday. But you can get right back into the swing of things to prevent a downward spiral. No matter how bad any day is, it won't affect your overall outcomes. Splurges are bound to happen, just stick with it.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    if you are up to it - getting a walk in could make you feel better too.
  • Nener
    Nener Posts: 116
    Options
    I ate way over my calories last week and felt sooo guilty. I work with a personal trainer and he said it is important to allow a cheat day 1x a week. It actually boosts your metabolism. Like people have posted already just start anew today. And don't deprive yourself of calories today to make up for yesterday. It will just set you up for failure. That has been my experience at least.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    When I go over (and we all do time to time) I try to put it into perspective (1000 calories = 1/3 a pound IF that was above your maintenance calories). Drink water and if you feel up to it get some good aerobic exercise in today and don't eat them. In the long run it won't matter but it will help you feel back on track!

These are just the bumps in the road. 1000 calories over just slows down your loss -it doesn't reverse anything.

Keep on keeping on!

Edited to add - Alcohol is empty calories but the REAL problem for me is that it can cloud my decision process and I make bad choices.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    we've all been there, aha. well.. i have :tongue: What I would do today is drink lots of water. if i felt up to, i would definitely work out! i would also consider it my cheat for the week! i mean, if you are realistic about it, it's not like you are going to go your whole life without drinking just so you don't go over your calories, so you have to maybe make some sacrifices. for example, my stupid 18 year old self would eat pretty light all day if i planned on drinking. that would not only give me more calories to drink, but i would get drunk quicker, and not have to drink so much! if you mix, use diet sodas and just look for some drinks you like, but are easier on the calorie intake!. good luck next time! haha