Should I switch to biking every day?

Options
Right now I have classes Monday through Thursday. I take the city bus to the campus because it's uphill the whole way. However, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I bring my bike along with me so I can ride it back home after classes, and because my first class is so early it's faster to ride to the bus stop rather than walking.

On Monday and Wednesday I only have one class that is an hour and 20 minutes, and since a bus pass lasts 2 hours I can ride it there and back if I time things right. Although I was thinking maybe I should start taking my bike every day and riding home every day after class.

I timed myself and it takes about 35 - 40 minutes to bike home. The ride is 5 miles and the elevation stays with 15 feet but there are a lot of hills including one huge one that declines about 45 feet (that's really fun to bike down XD)

Anyways, the way I have it set up is every other day I switch between walking and biking and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to switch to biking every day? I only go 4 days a week and I don't do a lot of walking or biking on the 3 days off I have so it would be a good resting period but I want to some other people's opinions.

Replies

• charkane
    charkane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    what great exercise!! I am in a cold weather climate so I would take in consideration that... some days you may not be able to do it. I would do it for as long as I could.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Take it as often as possible...try riding it to class.
  • Storm_Wolf
    Options
    I love biking....but I'm in Central NY and pretty soon I won't be able to bike due to the icky winter we have. I don't know what I'm going to do to keep from being sedentary once the winter hits....that's usually when i gain all my lost weight back. :(

It's really great exercise and faster than walking! If weather and time allows I do all my errands on bike now! Once i get my brakes replaced i can start biking to work and home on weather permitting days!

I'm really surprised at how far I can go. the other day I biked 10 miles! though I usually average about 5 miles on my days off.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would ride every day if I could...
  • Ellieus
    Ellieus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too!! Biking is a great way to exercise and have fun at the same time :). Just take the hills slowly and they'll get shorter with time ;).