The "Unsupportive BS" Cookbook

Options
What I've come to find when losing weight (or doing anything beneficial for your health) people always have to concoct some lurid, spiteful tale in order to justify anything you're doing.

Recipe number one.
Of course you can't possibly be losing in a proper manner! You don't have the patience for that. Someone doesn't just go from diving face first into mountains of cream to nibbling coquettishly on sticks of carrot.

Recipe number two.
You don't need to lose any weight! The only reason you're doing this is to alienate everyone else and make them feel bad about their own greasy lifestyles.

Recipe number three.
You'll never end your sordid love affair with food! Give it a few weeks, you'll put it all back on.

Recipe number four.
Are you making yourself sick? You look pale, here, have some chocolate!

Recipe number five.
So how many calories is in this? "Oh, there's about..." I DON'T NEED YOU PREACHING ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD EAT, YOU'RE TURNING INTO SUCH A FOOD-NAZI BETCH.

It's that time of day for ranty threads, and I'm personally feeling somewhat narky at the moment after another delightful accusation that I'm taking laxatives and not working my butt off day by day to lose weight. She went as far as to look through our medicine cupboards then come upstairs with a grave face saying a sachet of fibregel was missing, then sat me down and told me: "Laxatives and bulimia are not the way... Hard work is!"

I do enjoy a nice hearty slice of BS pie.

Any of you guys heard anything equally outrageous today?

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ''You know that exercising can become an unhealthy addiction right?''
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ''You know that exercising can become an unhealthy addiction right?''

:sick:

Usually slots in nicely with: "You don't want to get too ripped, muscular women look disgusting."
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    "You're losing too fast and are going to get sick!" As if I was the picture of health ant 450 pounds!!
    "Your eating to many calories" this from my Doctor after losing 50 pounds. Um ok :huh:
  • tkokel
    Options
    lol
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    How much carbs does recipe #3 have ? lol
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My best work friend once said, "I'll be glad when you're off this diet so I can eat anything I want." HUH?!?

We were eating in the same places we always did, but I was making different choices.
  • gypsybree
    Options
    I guessed it was your mom and then saw your age.
    nonetheless it doesn't matter who.

I'd suggest that you invite her to spend a week or two with you doing what you do.
    Eat what you eat, exercise when you do.

If she refuses and the next time she accuses you, remind her that you invited her to learn about your eating habits and that she needs to quit accusing you of doing things you're not and if she is really concerned as she acts like she in, instead of rummaging through the cupboards she can do the same thing that you're doing and see for herself that you're being healthy.
    Just keep inviting her until she shuts up or puts out.

And if/when she does accept your invitation keep your fingers crossed that she loses! LOL

That said, excellent job in expressing your anger and frustrations. Kudos my young friend! :)
    And P.S. Being of 32 years next Saturday, she'll still be your momma and she'll still annoy the fck outta you, so do what you gotta do to cope. ♥
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    'Just wait till you get under 200, if you keep it off you can get a tummy tuck.' ...Oi.
    'You're going to look gross when you loose another 70 pounds. You're too tall and big bone, you're never going to be small.'
    'Oh she's too good to go out to lunch with us now.'

</endrant>
    Huh...I feel better. LOL. Thanks.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My favorite is what my sister used to say to me when they were five bucks short for pizza and I wouldn't pitch.

"You're always going to be fat, so why won't you just stop making both of our lives hard?"

Glad I moved out. :laugh: