Eggs are beyond gross.. need ideas

Options
I'm starting the 17 day diet and it seems like eggs are on many of the daily meal plans. I have always found eggs to be extremely disgusting.. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can replace them with?

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i don't know the diet. Why are you eating the eggs? protein? Swap for another protein source?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this makes no sense why eat something you think is gross? this is reason #5211 why diets dont work
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    this makes no sense why eat something you think is gross? this is reason #5211 why diets dont work
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    I did The 17 Day Diet and don't eat eggs either.

I just ate more of the other foods listed, and none of the eggs. For breakfast I had a smoothie made from one fruit, one yoghurt and a scoop of protein powder (if you use this make sure its got very low carbs). I topped it up with water. You could also add some cottage cheese in the smoothie.
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i'm not eating them, like said, why would i eat something that is gross. that would be stupid. it's for protein.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Substitute another protein source that you do like.
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There are so many ways to cook eggs, do you find every single method gross? Scrambled? Boiled? Fried? Omelette? made into a pancake?
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs either, but there are lots of things you can do to get around using them!

Substitutes in baking (each equivalent is for 1 egg):

1/2 banana (good for things like pancakes)
    2 tbsp chia or flax seeds and 2 tbsp water (good for things like cookies)
    Apple Sauce (1/4-1/2 cup) (good in most cakes)
    Silken Tofu (1/4-1/2 cup) (good for more dense cake recipes)
    Actual egg substitutes (generally found in most health food stores, and are quite cheap)

Here's what I eat instead of scrambled eggs:

1 small butternut squash cubed and roasted with salt and pepper in the oven (generally @ 375 degrees for 30 mins)
    Mix butternut squash with one container of silken (or smooth) tofu
    Add Mexican spices (cumin, coriander, chilli powder, salt/pepper)

In pan fry onions, zucchini and other vegetables until onions are translucent
    Add tofu and butter nut squash to pan
    Add a can of black or red kidney beans
    Cook until warm.

I usually make this in bulk and eat throughout the week! It's great with sour cream (I use dairy free), salsa, guacamole and/or hummus on top ...and perhaps some tortilla chips on the side. :)

Nom!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs either, but there are lots of things you can do to get around using them!

Substitutes in baking (each equivalent is for 1 egg):

1/2 banana (good for things like pancakes)
    2 tbsp chia or flax seeds and 2 tbsp water (good for things like cookies)
    Apple Sauce (1/4-1/2 cup) (good in most cakes)
    Silken Tofu (1/4-1/2 cup) (good for more dense cake recipes)
    Actual egg substitutes (generally found in most health food stores, and are quite cheap)

Here's what I eat instead of scrambled eggs:

1 small butternut squash cubed and roasted with salt and pepper in the oven (generally @ 375 degrees for 30 mins)
    Mix butternut squash with one container of silken (or smooth) tofu
    Add Mexican spices (cumin, coriander, chilli powder, salt/pepper)

In pan fry onions, zucchini and other vegetables until onions are translucent
    Add tofu and butter nut squash to pan
    Add a can of black or red kidney beans
    Cook until warm.

I usually make this in bulk and eat throughout the week! It's great with sour cream (I use dairy free), salsa, guacamole and/or hummus on top ...and perhaps some tortilla chips on the side. :)

Nom!

This! All of this! YUUUUM!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is open to any food. Recently I have often eaten steamed veggies at breakfast. They are quite satisfying.
    If you don't like eggs, don't force yourself to eat them!
    Eat any other protein you like.
    Greek yogurt is a fantastic source.
    You can also eat meat.
    I like sliced roast beef at breakfast!
  • spikefoot
    Options
    I agree! I could go on for ages about eggs. I stopped eating them in grade 5. Flax seed "eggs" work great for baking as already mentioned..

As far as eating an egg... all substitutions seem equally as disgusting if they are to resemble one...as far as not getting what an egg offers, it isn't some magical thing you can live without them easily.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 17 day diet and it seems like eggs are on many of the daily meal plans. I have always found eggs to be extremely disgusting.. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can replace them with?

i like eggs. eggs are awesome.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like lunchmeats and cheese rollups for breakfast.

or maybe greek yogurt smoothie (I add protein powder)