Need to keep up on logging in

Options
Hi,

Biggest problem I have is sitting down and logging info everyday. Looking to get to ideal weight before turning 37.

Spend most of my time lifting...not so much into cardio, but do what I have to. Also practicing "IF" so any questions, feel free to ask.

Open to friend requests...

Replies

• sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    I'd probably be in the same boat as you if I didn't have a smartphone. The MFP app makes it so much easier. Feel free to add... Having friends here help out a lot too!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    it's amazing how addictive it gets, i have no problems logging lol
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah it got addicting to me too, kinda something I look forward to doing at the end of each day or even during the day
  • sirthickness
    Options
    I have only been here for about 6 weeks. My last weigh in, I was 198.4 down for about 210. Logging in and recording everything I eat has been key for me so far. I know where I'm at the day progresses and I can usually stay within my alloted calories. As some of the others said, it becomes addictive and some of the topics in the forums have been helpful. Good luck!
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Once you get plenty of friends and get all the encouragement coming in you will log more and want to keep up with everyone. At first its hard but you get used to it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hang in there hose dragger. Obviously it helps if you use the mobile app as well as the website, makes it easier. It has become automatic for me for the most part but sometimes I just have to go back a few hours and enter everything later.

When people pass me parked somewhere in my squad they assume that I'm sending a text message but it's just as likely that I'm logging stuff.
  • hello50s
    Options
    I keep it open at work and have the app on my iphone, which has the barcode scanner so you can add anything as the day goes on. If you find it hard to keep logging in, one thing that might help (which I try to do as much as I can) is to log in the morning what you are planning to eat that day. That way you don't have to keep logging in and know the calories of what you plan to eat. You won't be able to do this all the time, but it helps to keep on track if you plan the day as well. Then just log in at night if you varied from that.
    Logging in though I find keeps you on track.

i agree that having friends does help!!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sometimes it's a challenge...but when I carve out the time, it's worth it.
    sometimes, its just the exercise I log... I just need to log something each day.
    what's helpful for me is seeing the daily logs of people with really disciplined eating habits..
    and of course, the encouragement and positive examples of people getting it done!
    Feel free to friend me... I support those in my corner!
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I have no problem getting to the gym and keeping track there. It's the diet side that I'm lazy about.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Obviously you already know it's a lot easier to suck at eating than it is to do just about anything else, especially diners with the crew I assume.

I like to take those boxed sirloins and bagged chicken breasts and broil off half a dozen or so of them and use that for quick access lean meals. I also bought two big boxes of meal replacement bars (Supreme protein) because not only are they awesome for a quick meal/snack they are a good source of a dose of protein.

One of the other good things about being a bigger guy like you appear to be is that you can still get away with hitting drive-throughs, just try to avoid the fries/onion rings and the soda, that's the worst part.

You can do a lot of good for yourself at places like Subway and still get a great big meal.
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.

Still open to new friends.