Carb blockers- myth or truth?

Options
Carb (carbohydrate) blockers are designed to prevent the body from absorbing and metabolizing carbohydrates from foods we eat.

I had a 30 day routine with carb blocker, chitosan and capsilite and I lost 3 kg in 15 days then.

What do you think about carb blockers as chitosan?
Are they as effective as fat burners?

Replies

• ponyfan81
    ponyfan81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They are as effective as fat burners, yes, in that both of them effectively separate your money from your wallet.

That's about where the effectiveness of both stop.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Carb blockers? Why? Just don't put them in your mouth if you don't want them. Much easier and cheaper.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Carb blockers? Why? Just don't put them in your mouth if you don't want them. Much easier and cheaper.

You beat my to it, but I was going to also ask, "Why would you want to block carbs?" Work out a macro-nutrient ratio that fits you and do your best to stick to it. If you like carbs, make them a higher percentage of your diet. That's what I do. If you don't want them, don't eat them.

I hate taking pills though, so maybe it's just me? :laugh:
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok this sounds horrible but if you want to avoid carbs, save your money and eat only meat and eggs, drink only water, and avoid most everything else as jsut about everything you eat has carbs in it. If you are looking to cut down on carbs you can do it safely and not cut things out. I had cut out pasta, potatoes, and rice. I don't really care for any of them so I can really live with out them. I will on occassion have pasta or potatoes but don't need it daily or several times a week. Rice is just gross to me. I will get my carbs from fruits and veggies. I also don't have any starch after 3 as I am not active enough to process it.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What the actual ****? Carb blockers?? So like... it takes away your energy? lol I love healthy carbs too much for that nonsense...
  • timebomb821
    timebomb821 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was interested in them because I like fruits too much,but I'm still losing. :)

Thanks for your advises. I decided not to spend on these pills.