Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hey everyone,

So I'm shopping for the right Heart Rate Monitor. I need something universal since I do so many different activities (swimming, biking, high impact workouts, hikes, run, etc....). Can anyone give me a suggestion on which heart rate monitor is best or which brand I need to stick with!??? Thanks :happy:

Replies

• EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think the ones that measure underwater are on the pricey side. I got this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beurer-PM-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B000I6FN5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349036864&sr=8-1
    It is very good for the price and has not let me down in the 6 months I've had it.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    I have the polar FT7. It was around $100.00 and its supposed to work under water, but havent tried it under water yet.
    I love mine :bigsmile:
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Been using my FT7 in the pool this week and it works perfectly - even in the spa pool...
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 and i love it plus its in pink :flowerforyou:
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 also....LOVE it. I had the older Polar F11...but burned it out over three years. :) I learned with the new one to not leave the battery on the belt because that can drain the power quicker.
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the pink polar ft4 and love it too bits!!!
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Thank You!! Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
    My Bday is this week so I'm getting ready to shop for one!!! :wink:
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    polars are known to be the best hrm. best watches are usually garmins.
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    polar rcx5 - does it all - i love it. Can have separate GPS sensor so watch less bulky. But it's expensive.
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I also have the pink Polar FT4...greatest thing EVER!
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it. I use it for running, swimming, Zumba, weight training etc.. Does a great job!
  • LixxiKitti
    Options
    I have the polar FT4....got it about a year ago. BEST fitness purchase ever, if you can swing the cash I'd definitely recommend a polar.

whatever you do, don't lose the little transmitter that clips on to the waist band....mine was stolen (along with my bag) and cost me about the same as the watch to replace (mind you i'm in NZ so maybe these things are cheaper overseas??)!
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you everyone who responded!!!! You guys gave me some clear direction on what to look for! Let the Shopping BEGIN!!!! :love: :wink: :love: