Why are weekends sooo HARD?!!???

Options
it's like friday night hits and bad ideas and bad food just throw themselves at me

Replies

• EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Becasue your not busy, maybe?
  • camicat1975
    camicat1975 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with boredom. I usually work 7 days a week but last night i had a night off and I found myself craving food even though I had just ate and was not at all hungry.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    it's like friday night hits and bad ideas and bad food just throw themselves at me

Short answer is probably because you're out of your weekday routine...and routine is a valuable key to establishing habits. Try making some weekend rituals/habits that align with your overall goals.

(Oh, and cue the inevitable response from at least one person saying "live it up on your weekends, forget your overall plan, you have to live!" as they likely try to rationalize their own behavior. Kudos to you for identifying it and trying to make adjustments.)
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Because five days you work hard and these two days are the Challenge and its up to us if we are going to pass or fail. I usually fail however, this weekend been kinda good but at the moment Im struggeling and probably is good idea to wash my teeth and go to bed before I will ruin my day. We just have to be strong. :0)
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    cause you don't want to be a square. But with a little self control and moderation with testing you'll be good to go. Your looking for your balance like we all do.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a very strict food schedule during the week because of school and work. I have no other option. My meals get planned ahead and there's no time for a quick "Oh, I'll just have this instead!"

On the weekend, that structure isn't there, and on top of that, I enjoy eating out with friends or going to parties on the weekend, and it's really hard to stay within my goal. However, I come in under my daily calorie goal often, so I usually still have a decent deficit built up that I can tap into for the weekend. It has not been too completely awful for me so far.

That's my problem with the weekends – it seems like other people have similar struggles. You're not alone!