weigh in tomorrow

AKosky585
AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My second weigh in is tomorrow...and I am kind of nervous. I have done really well all week,..exercising 5 days this week for at least an hour each day at a high intensity. My calories were around 1000 each day (under, I know...especially with the exercise) and my fat and carb intake was below what was recommended. I concentrated on a lot of fruits, veggies, lean poultry and 100% whole grains for carbs. So why am I nervous that I didn't lose anything? I FEEL better, but I always see that number on the scale and think ' crap, no loss...now what?" but keep on going, hoping for better results the next week.

Oh, and I drink water like its going out of style...maybe too much. I drink 8-10 16.5oz bottles per day (I keep refilling the same one all day, otherwise it would cost a small fortune!) , Its all I drink though.

Last week, I did have a 1.5 pound loss. Crossing my fingers for the same from this past week.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Pay more attention to eating enough nutrition dense food, drinking water, exercising and noticing how your body feels and how your clothes fit

Stay away from wasted calories and don't let the scale be the only measure of your success

And never, never, never give up:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • It's so hard to feel proud of all you accomplished in a week if the scale doesn't show big numbers dropped. but just try to remember that getting healthier is what's most important, not necessarily weight loss (i struggle with that realization every week). i have read that the more we are stressed, the harder it is to lose weight. also, the way to figure out how much liquid you need to take in each day is: your weight in pounds divided by 2. that's how many ounces of liquid you need a day. 8 glasses of water may not be exactly what's best for your body, just an average. so, i would be 164 lbs/ 2 = 82 ounces of ALL LIQUID each day (including juice, coffee etc.) not just water.

for what it's worth...

chin up! keep up the great work! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.