jean size from a tight 26 to an 18

ramonad
ramonad Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Success Stories
just went to buy new jeans today. my 22's were falling off me. i could not believe it when i could squeeze into an 18! when i held them up i thought there is just no way i am going to be able to fit into those jeans. I DID!! I have been battling the scale for the last several weeks but the inches are still coming off. i am almost up to 60 pounds gone and still have a long journey to go but these little victories certainly help!

Replies

• Oh congratulations!!! I really hope I experience the same thing soon. :)
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Congratulations, i'm a "tight 26" now myself, and wow, so inspiring to think of getting into an 18/20. Congrats - what a great job!!
  • Congratulations! That is a big feat, you should definately be proud of youself. Keep up the good work.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    That's wonderful. I'm getting really close to my goal now and I can't wait to buy new clothes :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    WOW! Congratulations on the awesome job you're doing! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:
  • Hooray! Keep it going!!
  • YAY!! That's a dramatic drop! When my clothes start feeling looser than they already do, I'm going to be going shopping myself. It feels good, doesn't it!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: That is Awesome!

I started out a tight 22/24 and am now in a 12/14. I still look at the tag in disbelief whenever I go down a size. :laugh: :laugh: I still look at them in my closet and think there is no way those will fit! :laugh: I also look at my old pants and think they weren't that big when I was wearing them were they? :laugh: :laugh:
  • phet
    phet Posts: 3
    wow that is fantastic keep on going! i am new to this prgrm my son has just clued me in .
  • Way to go! Thats the same place I started. I bet we will both pass out when we get to the 12/14. I cant wait!
  • routsongk
    routsongk Posts: 15 Member
    I totally understand the joy you are feeling. I started out a size 22 in August, got down to an 18 in September, and kept wearing those jeans until they just about fell off at the airport security line in January (when I had to take off my belt). After that, I figured I'd better get some clothes that fit!!

When I went shopping for jeans in January, I walked past the plus size department for the first time in over 20 years, and went directly to the Misses department. I selected a pair of 16s thinking there's no way these will fit, but let's just see how tight they are... I cried when I put them on, and they were too BIG! I bought Misses size 14s that day, and could have just busted out singing! Now it's February, and those jeans are getting a little loose around the waist. My target size was a 12, but now I'm thinking I should be able to get into a size 10 by the time I lose these last 20 pounds.

When I do laundry, I can't believe how small the clothes are, and when I get dressed each day, I'm still a little amazed that I fit into those small (well, small to me anyway) clothes. Keep up the good work! These successes will keep you motivated!
  • Congrats! I hope to have a success like that soon! Whatever workout program you followed and your new eatting habits clearly paid off
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    awesome job!! its a great feeling!, enjoy your success!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!