Before A Weigh In...

Options
bjs06
bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
I was just wondering what ya'll do before a weigh in. Do you exercise, no exercise, eat regularly, eat more or less of something? Do you cheat after you weigh in? I'm just curious as to how everyone does it. I find i psych myself out before weigh ins. I weigh in on monday to challenge myself on weekends to eat healthy but then i spend the whole weekend just being too crazy about what im eating. do you find if you eat normally the day before a weigh in, it doesn't do much on the scale or do you have to eat lighter? just wondering..

happy valentine's day everyone, btw.

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself sunday mornings, as soon as I wake up butt naked.:happy:
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    HI, I usually weigh myself every 4 days a the same time. It's usually 1st thing in the morning before even coffee, but after going to the bathroom, who want s to weigh themselves with a full bladder. This way the 4th day can fall on any day of the week. If I like my results if any, then It motivates me to have a healthy breakfast then hit the gym for a long workout. Hope this helps.
  • bjs06
    Options
    When I use to do weight watchers we weighed in around 5pm which made me crazy all day long. I wouldn't eat or drink any water and I'd be trying to use the bathroom all day so I weigh myself in during mornings now but then it kinda makes me crazy the night before lol. I think I just need to calm down.
  • aprildh
    Options
    I'm weighing once a week, first thing in the morning. I am really not worrying about eating a lighter day before I weigh or heavier the day I weigh, I just try to stay within my calorie limit everyday. Otherwise you are going to go crazy trying to play a game with the scale. Eat healthy and your calories everyday.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When I use to do weight watchers we weighed in around 5pm which made me crazy all day long. I wouldn't eat or drink any water and I'd be trying to use the bathroom all day so I weigh myself in during mornings now but then it kinda makes me crazy the night before lol. I think I just need to calm down.

If you're eating right and exercising, I wouldn't be so hell bent on worrying about the number the scale says, I go more with my measurements and weigh myself to just keep an eye on it....don't stress yourself out over it, the stress alone i'll keep the weight on! haha!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Tuesday morning when I wake up, also stark naked, after using the restroom and before drinking/eating anything. I also measure every 2 weeks, also on Tuesdays.
  • bjs06
    Options
    I weigh myself naked too. I think i'm getting all hyped up about the numbers because of how long/hard i've been working and how much my progress is not being shown on the scale. but i feel a million times better so i'm thinking about measuring myself soon, maybe that will give me the boost i need that i'm not getting from the scale. but you know how it feels when you have a good weight loss week, esp after working hard? i havn't got that this time around and i miss it haha. but thanks for all the great advice and stuff.. i love hearing how everyone else operates.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know it's discouraged but I weight myself every day. First thing in the morning after the bathroom, before eating, butt naked. I read somewhere once people who weigh every day are more accountable and tend to be thinner. I do write down my weight every morning though, that way I can see the gradual trend down, and I don't freak out if it's off every now and again.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself for a group on here on Wed morning and for WW on Friday. I don't really do anything the night before the Wed weigh in because it's for a group on here and it doesn't feel as formal as my WW weigh in does. I drink tons of water every day but the day before weigh in I basically make sure I'm back at basics. I drink tons of water and make sure I'm eating my fruits, veggies and lean meats. I take it as a chance to re-center myself that I'm doing this right and healthy, not just staying below calories or points by eating junk. I also weigh in at 7:30 and I normally have my mocha in hand without a sip taken off of it and I pee right before.
    My own personally observation is you may want to keep the "hyped up about numbers" in check. Weigh loss is a slippery slope for many people and I know I've gotten to points of obsession and it's not healthy. Like someone else said, if you are doing it correctly it will come off how it's going to come off.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I wake up, I have my bowel movements, I get on the scale in my underroos. Pretty straight forward.
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In the army when there was a weigh in after a PT test it'd be first thing in the morning. Wake up, PT test, weigh in, then breakfast. Makes sense to me and its how i've been workin this (probably mostly cause of familiarity). You theoretically will weigh the least if you haven't eaten, after you've sweat a ton right?
  • bjs06
    Options
    Well some people say that exercising right before a weigh in is a bad idea because some people retain water I guess when they work out? But if you are drinking enough water before, during and after you work out, I'm guessing your body wouldnt feel the need to retain it if it's getting an adequate amount. So many rules, haha.