Time restraints/need help!

Options
I've really been trying to eat better and exercise every day, but I just don't feel like I have the time. Between work an school, I'm barely ever home and when I am, I'm studying or doing homework.

I've been trying to do 30 Day Shred and/or Insanity, but I just don't have enough time to do it every day. I'm not quite as worried about that because even though I can't do that, I've mostly been managing to get in at least a little exercise everyday.

But my eating has been so bad. I don't really have enough time to cook meals most of the time, and it's hard for me to carry food around with me that needs to be refrigerated. There have been waaaay too many times lately where I've gone to fast food places and just looked for the least unhealthy thing.
Any suggestions on quick/easy/portable meal ideas?

Replies

• nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    wendys apple pecan chicken salad and grilled chicken go wraps BAM
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Get a cheap step counter and aim for 10000 steps a day. Its not the same as doing an exercise program but it it a good amount of calories burned and easier to fit in around work and such like.

Good portable foods - cereal bars, fruit, carrot sticks/celery etc, soups that you can keep in a thermos, you can get an insulated lunch bag for sandwiches or salads, pitta and dip. Think of the things kids have in lunch boxes, they don't go in the fridge and are fine to eat.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    - sandwiches (can add an ice pack if you're making egg salad or salmon & light cheese or something)
    - bean or pasta salads with bits of extra protein (soy, ham, etc) thrown in
    - jerky (but watch sodium), nuts + buy a single serving of yogurt, milk or cottage cheese if you've got a convenience store there
    - buy fruit on campus, I've never been able to keep an apple alive in my bag until lunch
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Make sandwiches to take with you, or even instant porridge pots if you have access to hot water (should be one in the cafeteria).

Soups on thermos are amazing, make a large batch and then you can have it for dinner one night and then lunch the next. A nice and healthy tuna wrap or tuna pasta salad is quick for a healthy dinner.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It's really good that you're asking for suggestions! Lots of people are super busy but to succeed longterm you will need to prioritize time for yourself regarding healthy food choices and fitness. I hope you utilize some of the suggestions being made. Good luck!
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On days that I am in school, I have an insulated bag to carry my food in. I pack for 3 of us in it. Things that work well are sandwiches, carrots, fruits that are cut up, and I also have things to add to my water because water does get boring after a while. If you look in stores like bed bath and beyond they have storage containers for lunch boxes that work really nice as well. Sometimes you can find them at walmart or target. You will have to invest in some good quality reusable ice packs though.
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    shakeolgy... easy to take on he go, tastes good and low calories, grapes, nectrines, trail mix