Hey, I'm new here!

Options
Hey guys- Just looking to loose weight and get some support. Feel free to add me, and hopefully we can do this together

Replies

• ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I wish you the best of luck with your journey. Your going to love it here with all the support and accountability it has to offer. If your interested I would love to be right along with you on this journey to help support and motivate in the best way I can. I think it's great your taking that step to become healthy and fit. Again welcome and good luck to you :)
  • jshaen
    jshaen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new to this also. I will admit had no success so far but that is my own fault. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can help each other through this.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    im new too
  • morgbrb
    Options
    I'm new too, and am having a hard time showing anything on the scale, but have not gone back into old clothes yet
  • lololady83
    lololady83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i just joined earlier this week and can use some support as well to stay focused
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part for me, and for a lot of people, is that lack of instant gratification that we expect in today's world.

Be patient, stick with it, and you'll see results. MFP isn't a diet... it's a measure of accountability. Don't lie to it, and you'll start seeing some good results.

I was highly upset at first when all I'd lost was 0.8 pounds.... I waited, stuck with it, and in two weeks lost 8 more pounds. I'm going to keep pushing myself and hopefully see the rest of the 92 pounds melt away.

It's not going to happen overnight. Stick with it! Feel free to add me if you'd like... I like accountability as much as the next person. :)
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am really bad for starting something and then giving up shortly afterwards because I don't get instant results. This time I am trying a new approach with smaller goals (starting off with just 15lbs) and a longer period to obtain them (end of December for the first goal)! I just started 2 weeks ago and so far have lost 4 lbs, which may be small, but is better than nothing! Could use an encouragement buddy :)
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and I am electronically challenged. So I need to figure out how to use the different tools to track my exercise and food eaten. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to get the most out of MFP.
  • mubbuuu
    mubbuuu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • 2013newstart
    Options
    I am also new to this type of experience but I am exicited to start a new chapter in my life and get healthy and fit once and for all with the help of people like you that can motive me in the right direction. I
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been around almost 3 months and have lost 26 pounds. So, it can be done. I've got a long way to go, so I'll be here for quite a while. Any newbies, feel free to join in.
  • hhaffner
    hhaffner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will totally add you.
    I am new to MFP as well but have been struggling with my weight for years.
    My biggest problem is staying motivated. I will start something for a few days or a week but then it seems to fall apart.
    I have about 50lbs to lose.
    I am looking for friends to help keep me motivated and accountable.

Please feel free to add me