Ideas anyone ?

tinaloveshotpants
tinaloveshotpants Posts: 17 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Would like some quick and simple recepies that I and rest of my non dieting household can enjoy together

Replies

• Yea I need some too .. I just cant seem to think of any ... I'm eating the same things over and over again ...Please help us!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    I bought a book "A potful of recipes" by Joanna Lund. I made a Pot of Pizza. Great for these cold snowy days. All of the recipes are simple and the few I've tried have been pretty good. I just make sure to use portion control and only have 1 serving.

Serves 6 (1 cup)

8 ounces extra lean ground beef or turkey
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 3/4 cup (15 ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
    1 tsp pourable Splenda
    3 cups cooked noodles, rinsed and drained
    1/4 cup grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
    3/4 cup shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese
    3/4 cup shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella Cheese

Brown meat, onion and green pepper. Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and Splenda. Pour into slow cooker that has been sprayed with butter-flavored non stick spray. Spread noodles over meat mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over noodles evenly. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

305 calories, 9 gr fat, 21 gr protein, 35 gr carb, 866 sodium, 209 mg calcium, 4 gr fiber.
  • Another book I REALLY like is "the biggest looser's family cookbook", it has recipes for stuff we usualy use but in the healthy version
    Here's what I had so far thet's most excellent

chicken parmigana
    pizza burgers
    chicken stirfry
    shezchuan beef and brocoli

thet'ree all good and low cal!!
This discussion has been closed.