workout dvds

Options
What are some good works that burn a lot of calories or fun workout dvds?
On another note, what is the 30 day shred?

Replies

• cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my daughter does zumba. I do WII dance, just sweat.
  • PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've got the Jillian Michaels Shred and Shed. I've heard it similar to the 30 day shred (also a JM DVD), but I haven't done it. You can get Shred and Shed on YouTube.
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    im doing the 30 day shred right now,

its a 20 minute video you do every day it has 3 intervals of 6 minutes each of Strength cardio and abs. im on day 7 and im already seeing results. it really really works you out.

there are 3 different levels each one gets harder.

im doing level 1 for 10 days and so forth until my 30 days.

i have never used any other dvds so i cant comment on that :/
  • beedeevee
    beedeevee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing that's not fun: Insanity.

Lately I've been enjoying GSP Rushfit.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone walking dvds. I have one entitled Four Really Big Miles. It's about an hour long if you do the whole thing or you can just do one mile at a time. Very flexible and it's a great workout, you're not just walking. I think you can get it at walmart for about $10.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Insanity. Makes me want to die everytime but I'm seeing results so I love it.
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm doing insanity and p90x. I like p90x WAY better. It's great for lowering bf % and strengthening. Insanity is a super cardio heavy workout that burns a lot if calories and it will tone you a bit as well but I'm not sure how much it will do on its own (without added strength training). The 30 day shred is a beginner DVD. I did it first because I'd never exercised a day in my life but it got easy really quickly. Start here if you like and you'll drop some weight and inches just don't expect it to be the be all end all of workouts.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I also like Insanity. It's not "fun" but I do enjoy it. And, the biggest thing about it for me: It works!
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Haha I have Cher Fitness
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I Like "the firm" brand dvd's because they incorporate a lot of cardio and hand weights.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Check out be fit in 90 on you tube. I am on day 6.
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JLand918
    JLand918 Posts: 156
    Options
    Men's Health just came out with a DVD set which is basically a copycat of p90x kind of but if you watch the preview of the DVD and host, you would and should never buy this set , this guy is a complete *kitten*. So annoying not motivating well he might be but it borders on creepy. I only have the DVD that came with my Lifeline fitness bands but I still down the road want p90x when I can afford it.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i like p90x. sometimes if i am not doing the actual program i will still use the shoulders/arms dvd and the legs dvd a few times a week.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone walking dvds. I have one entitled Four Really Big Miles. It's about an hour long if you do the whole thing or you can just do one mile at a time. Very flexible and it's a great workout, you're not just walking. I think you can get it at walmart for about $10.

I like Leslie, too. I just bought a new one with the resistance bands called 3 Mega Miles I would rather walk outside, but she's great in yucky weather!
  • JLand918
    JLand918 Posts: 156
    Options
    I want to get and try p90x but I just cant afford the cost of it, and wife never just lets me buy things without a prepared report as to why we should buy it, she likes to justify everything, someone should just make me some copies of their own set :)