Unlocking the Secrets of Overeating with Neuroscience.

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is super interesting. I am always been an emotional eater ( brain type 4) and when things in my life are good, I have no problem with food, or overeating. However when bad things happen, I always lose control and calm myself with food. It is super interesting that the study suggested DHEA for such people. My endocrinologist just prescribe me DHEA, and I was worried how it may effect my weight loss. I guess it may even help it. YAY!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A year later and this information still provides some interesting insight into my ongoing struggles.....
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love the info you put out. Thank you so much!!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    This is so me

Brain Type 3: Impulsive-Compulsive Overeater. While this may seem contradictory, it is possible to be both at the same time. Compulsive gamblers, for example, are compelled to gamble and have little control over their impulses. Scans show too much activity in the “gear shifter,” so people overthink and get stuck on negative thoughts. They also have too little activity in the prefrontal cortex and therefore have trouble supervising their own behavior. Impulsive-compulsive overeaters benefit from treatments that increase serotonin and dopamine levels; for example, exercise plus a combination of supplements such as 5-HTP, green tea and rhodiola.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    Great read, thanks for sharing!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting - thank you!
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Very informative! Thanks.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump for Later
  • inGodaloneItrust
    Options
    Great article... that 5-HTP really is great, I had forgotten about it.
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Now where is Marty Feldman with that new brain he promised?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting - and thanks to whoever found it today and brought it into the current listing! Great information!