Half-Way (Just About) To My Goal!!!

Options
flpmomi
flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
Ello there,

I was going thru some old pictures on my phone and I noticed one from February when I was trying to start my weight loss journey. I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid, but just kind of dealt with it. Because of a medical reason, my neurologist said I need to lose weight or I could possibly lose my sight(which is already bad because everyone in my family wears glasses. Lol). At that point I knew I needed to do something for real this time. Not try a fad diet or diet pills and quit after a few weeks. I joined MFP in April 2012. I was only using the site to get an estimate of what I was actually taking in and where to cut back. After seeing some real changes I decided to actually use it to log my meals and exercise and stay within the calorie limits the best I can.

I have been so excited about the numbers on the scale going down instead of up. But at the same time, I wasn't seeing a major difference in the mirror. My friends and family were and I would smile and say thanks for noticing. I would still have days where I would be like "ugh, I just don't see it." But I didn't get too down on myself because atleast the scale numbers were continuing to go down. But finding this picture from February made me see what others have been seeing. And I am so very happy and proud of myself for the change happening before my eyes!!!!!

I still have quite a ways to go, but I am now more motivated than ever because I am so proud of what I have accomplished so far. (:

Untitled-1.jpg

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look gorgeous! All that hard work has definitely paid off! Congratulations!!!
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. And even the tiger looks impressed!
  • soozwood
    Options
    Such a good success story!! Well done!! You have similar goals to me. Keep up the good work!

16475386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing babe! Love you!
  • 38jaybird
    38jaybird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job. You sound so much like me. I started to lose weight about a month ago and ppl are already telling me that they see it in my face. I DON'T SEE IT. It's olnly 5 lbs, and I was wondering how they could see it? :noway: Well, reading your story made me smile. :happy: Hopefully I can have the same testimony in a few months.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    You look great! Hard work pays off! :D
  • Taimarra
    Options
    I totally see it! You look amazing! AND! I love the new do! It looks super sassy!
  • peachknee
    Options
    The difference is clearly noticeable !! Good job and thanks for sharing your success with the rest of us - it's sooooo encouraging !!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You look great !
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done. You look fantastic :-)
  • flpmomi
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Your kind words mean so much. I am glad to be able to share my story and hope that it helps some of you! I know I was one to look at others MFP success stories and be like I wish that was me. Never did I really think I could be one of those and here I am and only half way to my goal!!! It feels good!

If I can do it, so can you!!! :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! I feel blessed to have you as a friend on here!! Congrats on the amazing progress!!!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing great!
  • sharonnyc
    Options
    Congratulations--you look fabulous!
  • flpmomi
    Options
    You are beautiful!! I feel blessed to have you as a friend on here!! Congrats on the amazing progress!!!

Thanks love. Blessed to have you too. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Congrats to you as well!!! :bigsmile:
  • flpmomi
    Options
    You look great! Good job. You sound so much like me. I started to lose weight about a month ago and ppl are already telling me that they see it in my face. I DON'T SEE IT. It's olnly 5 lbs, and I was wondering how they could see it? :noway: Well, reading your story made me smile. :happy: Hopefully I can have the same testimony in a few months.

You can do it! It just takes time. Start taking pics now if you haven't already and just start comparing. It will happen! :smile:
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I can really see the difference in your face. Congratulations, you look awesome. Keep it up!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing what modest weight loss can do? You look fantastic, in fact, it looks like you lost more than 26 pounds! You were stunning before and you are stunning after the weight loss. Keep up the good work girlie!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!