Water intake question

Options
To all WIGs© (water intake gurus)...when you drink the 15-20 cups of water each day...do you generally casually sip through the day or like make a conscious effort to chug like 8 Oz at a time?

I ask because I've tried both ways and still aren't really getting to the correct amount of water daily. If I sip I casually throughout the day I just don't get around to drinking that much. And if I chug then I feel so full I don't want anymore for a while. Just curious as to what has worked best for each of you.

SN: WIGs© is copyright protected any use without the express consent of Spanntastic, Inc may result in fines. :laugh:

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    No one wants to tell you their secrets. Ha! :laugh:

:tongue:
  • stingraycat
    Options
    I don't drink crazy amounts of water, but I make a conscious effort to drink enough. When I wake up, I'll have about 12 fl. Oz. of water, then sip throughout the day, about mid day I'll drink another cup and a half or so, then back to sipping, then drink another 12 oz or so before bed and have two roughly 8oz cups of unsweetened herbal tea.
  • Linda09189
    Options
    why do you drink 15-20 cups of water a day??? gosh you must live in the bathroom !!!! some say 1/2 your body weight, well
    that's not happening here....I think you should drink 8 (1cups) each day, but I also add one cup for every 25 pounds I want to lose...I'm sorry for all those who say drink drink drink, first of all it makes me more hungry cause is all I do is "Pee" all day long, yeah the wasted is headed out but so are all the food stuff to.......just do the best you can, I've read articles that say water doesn't do anything when it comes to losing weight....the bottom line is we must drink to be hydrated period !!!!!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    I am only trying to drink around 10 to 11 a day but I know some friends who are drinking that much. I was going to use their methods to help me reach my smaller amount.
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups with each meal and drink as I feel like it in between. I usually get in between 6 and 10 cups/day (usually more on training days). I'm a sipper at meal times and a chugger inbetween.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I drink all throughout the day. I just keep a water bottle with me at all times (have one next to me now) and make sure that I finish at least six bottles of water each day (it's a 24oz bottle, so I typically get in 18 cups a day).

The only time I chug is if I bring my work water bottle in the car with me when I leave because I haven't finished it before the end of the work day. But I always leave it in my car or I'm likely to forget to bring it back the next morning. Then I may chug whatever water I have left in the bottle when I get home so I can leave the bottle in the car and accurately log the full bottle of water.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    I drink 24 oz before I drink coffee in the morning.

Then a 12 oz glass is always with me (or my water bottle). I've been doing it so long, I sometimes chug and sometimes sip.

I also use water to keep from snacking....I found I don't usually need food - it's more a thirst thing.

I drink about 80-100 ounces a day.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in water drinking. The way I get in 64-80 oz/day is to use refillable bottles that I keep in the refrigerator. I have mostly 20 oz sizes and a few 32 oz. (I'm talking 10-12 containers in the refrigerator) I don't feel the need to buy bottled water. My grandma is still alive at 106 and NEVER has drunk any water other than tap water - and she made an effort to drink plenty. From the time I get up, I get one out and just carry it along with me in the house or car or wherever. It doesn't bother me to drink it at room temperature, but I usually get it in much earlier than that. I can drink 2 "big" bottles or 4 "little" ones. This is much simpler for me than tracking little 8 or 12 oz glasses at a time. I don't count tea or soup or any other liquids. At first, you may be in the bathroom quite a lot, but then I think your body adjusts some and the bathroom stops aren't as frequent. :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    My grandma is still alive at 106 and NEVER has drunk any water other than tap water - and she made an effort to drink plenty

Aw! Grandma rocks.

Bottled water is bottled from Municipal public water supplies. It's just pure profit for Coca Cola et al - at your expense. ...and at the expense of the environment.
  • autumn229
    autumn229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink 100oz a day and am definitely a chugger throughout the day. I chug 12-20oz when I wake up. Drinking water first thing in the morning is great since it helps set your body's triggers for being thirsty, so you'll be thirstier throughout the day. I have a huge 48 oz water bottle which I always bring to work with me and it helps a lot!
  • RDSHAW2009
    Options
    I'm definitely a sipper throughout the day. This may sound strange, but what helps me is I drink with a straw. Crazy, right? On the other hand, it may just be a girl thing, because a co-worker who absolutely HATES water actually drank 16 oz on Friday. she was so excited! :laugh:

I hope you are able to find the perfect medium.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I usually drink two glasses of water with each meal. That helps food digest properly, and it also doesn't make you get that overly full feeling. If you drink two with breakfast, two with lunch, and two with dinner you're up to six glasses. Then, have one before bed and squeeze the other in your day with a snack. Hope that helps.