Just 25 pounds - tough for me though

Options
Hi everyone
I need to lose 25 pounds to be at a good weight for my height and to avoid the diabetes that runs on both sides of my family.
I have a hard time losing weight, this has always been the case for me. 1/2 a pound a week, even with 10 hours per week of exercise is normal for me. Any support and cheer leading you can provide while on this journey will be greatly appreciated.
I have two parents who have been morbidly obese at different times, I was put on a diet when i was only 6 months old. Considering this I'm doing well and just now need to stay focused to take this weight off.
Donna

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I need to lose 25 pounds to be at a good weight for my height and to avoid the diabetes that runs on both sides of my family.
    I have a hard time losing weight, this has always been the case for me. 1/2 a pound a week, even with 10 hours per week of exercise is normal for me. Any support and cheer leading you can provide while on this journey will be greatly appreciated.
    I have two parents who have been morbidly obese at different times, I was put on a diet when i was only 6 months old. Considering this I'm doing well and just now need to stay focused to take this weight off.
    Donna

I've had to do the same thing and for the same reasons. I lost my dad when he was only 60 due to his diabetes. It was hard for me too, but I'm glad I didn't give up: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout Wishing you the best of luck! -Bobbie
  • lilyannette
    Options
    Good luck, I really hope you reach your goal.
  • divadonna
    divadonna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks CA girl - I am doing many of the things you recommend and am now focusing on limiting calories after seeing a nutritionist. I exercise a lot all my life because I love to (hike, salsa dance, swim, weight lift and core strengthening, walking, biking) and all the calorie counters including this one give you extra calories for exercise. The nutritionist I saw told me not to take additional calories for exercise and now I track on my fitness journal my exercise, an awesome site for athletes, and I share the results with my personal trainer and for my own info. I've just made this adjustment in the last 2 weeks and I'm feeling very motivated and that this is the right way for me.
  • divadonna
    Options
    I will, thank you!
  • TKBurris
    TKBurris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tired a low carb diet? I changed my eating habits more towards that before joining this site, and within the first month of the change, i lost a lot of bloating and water weight as well as inches from around my mid-section and legs.
  • divadonna
    Options
    TK, most recently my personal trainer had me on a very high protein diet, it didn't work for me, low carb too..My nutritionist recommends 20% protein 40, 40 carb and fat..going to try this now..the main thing is I'm going from about 2000 calories per day with 10 hours of exercise per week to 1365- 1600 (varying it is recommended). I'm only 5'4 inches and small-boned. I'm going to try this for 3 months and then evaluate.