Any legit skin tightening/stretch mark lotions?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
Ok so I know a ton of us here have issues with extra skin and stretch marks from both gaining and losing large amounts of weight.

As much as I tell myself not to let my own get to me, it does, constantly. Where ever I have stretch marks I have lose skin- on my lower abs, my inner thighs and my knees.

Are there any legit creams/lotions out there that actually help to tighten up the skin and/or smooth out stretch marks?

Replies

• macromouth
    Options
    I heard cocoa butter was good for that.
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I tried cocoa butter but didn't really help much so imy next choice is mederma so hopefully that will work
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    I've been trying out Bio-Oil, a friend of mine had excellent results. My stretch marks are almost 15 years old so i don't think they are fading anytime soon. I have been testing it out on a scar i have on my chin, it's smoothing it out but it's still pretty discolored.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm also curious about this
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mederma is good, but expensive. It's worked for a couple of scars I have and are barely noticable now but you have to be diligent and put it on everyday.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yeah cocoa butter doesn't do anything but moisturize... I've been using lotions with both that and vit a for years with the only results being soft skin, which is great, but yeah.... *sighs*

i've heard about maderma. i'd prolly need a tub of it a week with all the stretch marks i have lol
  • DCHound
    DCHound Posts: 12
    Options
    There are several lotions and extracts that help tighten skin, like copper peptides and caffeine creme, but none I've heard of that do a whole lot for stretch marks. I wrote a book about tightening skin - you might want to check it out on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MT4588/ref=nosim?tag=firlooski-20&linkCode=sb1&camp=212353&creative=380549) or the website, www.firmlooseskin.com. Best of luck on your weight loss journey!