10 weddings!! How am I going to survive?!!

Options
Hey folks,
I have 10 weddings (plus Xmas, 30ths, hens do's, engagement parties etc) between now and May! And we all know that these events do not really go hand in hand with weight loss - think abundance of decadent food, alcohol and lack of sleep!

I'm trying to LOSE 10kg - so think PHOTOS!! Plus I don't want to spend another summer avoiding the beach because I'm too self conscious to wear a bikini in public!

So, I'm turning to you guys for help, tips, suggestions, anything at all that might help me get through this period of intense partying!! I know the obvious response would be to not drink but that's no fun and I love champagne so don't want to deprive myself of the happy bubbles!! I'm looking for practical advice, cos noone likes a party pooper who only drinks water and eats lettuce leaves?!

Please help and feel free to add me as a friend if u want to support me though this time and see how I manage to stick to my goals!

Thanks everyone =)

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was winging that I had 3 weddings this year, now I'm lucky! You poor thing, just remember to not go mad at the buffet and you'll be fine
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think if u eat in moderation and have a drink or two you will be just fine.. just don't go over board.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I had 17 weddings one year!! I didn't lose, I didn't gain, I maintaned. That's a good thing, right? What I did was workout all those days that I had parties. Heavy lifting and cardio. This way u have a little more calories to work with and also your metabolism is revved up and you continue to burn calories long after u worked out. :drinker:
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to schedule to manage, that is a lot of social committments! Get a calendar and plot it all out and see how clustered it is., You might needf to consider just trying to maintain during busy months. Have a little (lot) of fun but make sure your other time is as clean as can be. Good luck, may the force be with you :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Babygurl is right. I would add Planning your Exercise like an appointment and sticking to it even when you are B-U-S-Y. Plus I would keep things like Apples and Carrot Chips in the car and eat them on the way to any Event where you will be eating. I pack fresh Vegetables, Milk, or V-8 in a Lunch Bag almost every day. Filling up on Fresh Veggies makes it more difficult to over eat. Adding a little Protein would help with the Hunger & Cravings.
  • gumkenstein
    gumkenstein Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile:
    If I drink at the parties, I always try to stick to the rule 1 alcoholic drink = at least 1 or 2 drinks without alcohol (water, juice, tea - whatever). Less calories, less drinks, lesser chance for the hangover.
    You can also check before calories in various drinks - to avoid the really "fat" ones.
    Plus I'd suggest keeping strictly to your diet/fitness regime for all the other days, on parties nights letting it loosen up a bit - not totally, just enought to have fun, but not a horrible remorse at the weigt-in day.
    Good luck!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,
    I have 10 weddings (plus Xmas, 30ths, hens do's, engagement parties etc) between now and May! And we all know that these events do not really go hand in hand with weight loss - think abundance of decadent food, alcohol and lack of sleep!

I'm trying to LOSE 10kg - so think PHOTOS!! Plus I don't want to spend another summer avoiding the beach because I'm too self conscious to wear a bikini in public!

So, I'm turning to you guys for help, tips, suggestions, anything at all that might help me get through this period of intense partying!! I know the obvious response would be to not drink but that's no fun and I love champagne so don't want to deprive myself of the happy bubbles!! I'm looking for practical advice, cos noone likes a party pooper who only drinks water and eats lettuce leaves?!

Please help and feel free to add me as a friend if u want to support me though this time and see how I manage to stick to my goals!

Thanks everyone =)
    I got a tip. How about you enjoy yourself. The stress you're creating right now will only turn into anxiety. Let it go and enjoy life.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I feel kinda sad when I see these kinds of posts. People stressing out about birthday cake, and holidays, and special events... Look, life happens. People get married, are born, die, have birthdays, *kitten* happens. You absolutely have to participate and celebrate life. There are so many ways to do this, I can't name them all, but self-control and responsibility are a huge part of it. But, absolutely celebrate. If you don't have a piece of cake at each wedding, I will have to tell you that, you suck. It's a huge celebration of life. Enjoy it. You have all the other days of your life to workout and eat well.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Take advantage of the dancing at the weddings! You can totally make it into an unofficial workout session and it'll be fun too.
  • aaaanni
    aaaanni Posts: 25
    Options
    Damn straight! Of course I wanna have my cake and eat it too! I'm just trying to work out how I can do that and continue to lose a few kegs! The reason I'm in this mess to start with is from partying too much without a plan of attack and bingo - 10kgs! Thanks everyone for your suggestions, i think if I'm prepared and just don't go overboard and stay on track for all the other days I will survive!!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Of course you don't have to have cake at every wedding! I can't imagine these 10 weddings are all of your best friends either, so you can easily pick the ones which are more important to you.

Regarding the cake. If they're given to everyone before taking the first bite, sure you take a piece. If they're just served out then say no thank you. It really is about choices. You want to drink something/a lot at the party? Then eat less during the day.

If your friends think you're a party pooper for passing on a piece of pie, well, I'd go look for new friends then, as they're really shallow. Really, how much has not eating a pie ever hurt a party? The same with drinking. Sure drink some, but do you need to get wasted to have fun with your friends??
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Of course you don't have to have cake at every wedding! I can't imagine these 10 weddings are all of your best friends either, so you can easily pick the ones which are more important to you.

Regarding the cake. If they're given to everyone before taking the first bite, sure you take a piece. If they're just served out then say no thank you. It really is about choices. You want to drink something/a lot at the party? Then eat less during the day.

If your friends think you're a party pooper for passing on a piece of pie, well, I'd go look for new friends then, as they're really shallow. Really, how much has not eating a pie ever hurt a party? The same with drinking. Sure drink some, but do you need to get wasted to have fun with your friends??

What I mean about the cake is don't make it a stress situation. Just have it. Plan on it. Then, if it's in front of you, and you don't feel like it, which half the time I don't if I'm dancing, then fine. But, the more you think and stress about it, the worst it gets and you ruin your entire relationship with the food and the celebration. Just plan on having it. And, then when its served, if you don't feel like it, no problem. Sometimes, there's a kid at the table that will gladly eat your piece. :-). I've been to literally 100s of weddings, so I'm a pro.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself! But make sure you go all out on the exercise and healthy eating the week of each wedding, so one day will not set you back.

I went to a wedding in August that started at 1pm so i made sure i ate something before we left so I wouldn't stuff myself with canapés. Then at the meal I had lots of veg, but also just enjoyed it, it's not everyday you have a posh meal. I didn't eat all of the dessert. I only had a small glass of wine as I was driving, and had my young kids there, so being drunk and chasing them in my heels was not an option! My husband doesn't drive, so being sober is always left to me! We left around 8:45pm to get the kids home, so I didn't eat any buffet food either. So what with chasing the kids loads wearing heels, and eating 1 nice meal with dessert, I don't think it did me any harm.

If you want to be careful, then like I did eat something healthy before you go, and don't drink too much. If there's an evening buffet, try to find healthy options. And dance a lot!