Replies

• Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    3343 calories
    519 carbs (ALL refined!!!!!!!!!!!)
    30g saturated fat
    336g SUGAR!!!

The scary thing is, i really didn't think i was doing anything wrong!!! I had no sense of what i was putting in my body and the effects that it was all having on my health. I used to wonder why i got headaches and heartburn all the time!!!!!!!!!!! Back then, if anyone had asked me how well i ate, i'd probably say "i probably have a wee bit more sugar than i should but, on the whole, i think i eat relatively ok". Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!
  • phonypony
    Options
    I don't know but I remember eating WHOLE BLOCKS of chocolate by myself on lonely nights and polishing off a tub of nutella or whole packet of tim tams sometimes when I was feeling particularly self loathing. My god. No wonder I got so fat.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Right before I started MFP: 6500+ cals/day
    Now: typically around 2000 cals/day
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I had to be eating at least 5 or 6K calories a day....easily. I think about the amount of food I would binge on and it astonishes me.

Now I've just lowered from 1200 to 1136 and I'm fine on that amount(unless I do a huge calorie burn).
  • meghanp92
    Options
    i cant say it shocked me that much because i was well aware that what i was doing wasnt healthy, i was just in a place where i didnt really care what i was doing to myself

True. :( I knew what I was doing was awful and I knew I was eating a ton of calories, I can't lie and say it blindsided me. I just didn't care, either. I had my lap band taken out and didn't care anymore.
  • debsclio
    Options
    My weakness was chocolate. I used to eat about 4 or 5 bars a day which racked up about 1300 calories alone, then I used to snack on mini cheddars and crisps and then eat a large stodgy meal each evening, I must have been over 3000!!
  • MikesterAZ
    MikesterAZ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yum ... Another big weakness is cookie dough, I would get those raw toll house cookie kits with 24 squares of dough and eat them all. Total tummy ache and love it!!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't really know how much I'd be eating, but I'd estimate it at around 5k - 6k a day.

It was quite scary when I started on here and realised that all the things I used to eat when I thought I wasn't being too bad were actually awful! Like supermarket sandwiches, pasta bakes, etc.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Wow! I was curious to see how bad my eating habits used to be so i filled in tomorrows food diary as if it is was what i would have eaten on an average day to see how bad i was. Take a look if you dare! :)

rsz_cooltext764704302.jpg
    17427511.png
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Before:
    breakfast: bagel from mcdonalds, with 2 hash browns and a large frappe
    lunch: large quarter pounder meal with 2 dbl cheeseburgers, a large coke and a large choc sundae.
    arvo tea: a whole roll of cookie dough
    dinner: 6 nugget kids meal with a large frappe
    desert: packet of snacks plus 1-2 bottles of rum

Easily 5000+ :(
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just worked it out, before I was eating about 2,500 worth of cals a day now i'm averaging about 1,500 and exercising!

My usual day before MFP

breakfast : BEFORE: multigrain bread & peanut butter NOW: Usually Multigrain bread and vegemite

Snacks: Fruit & energy drink NOW: Water/sugar free enegry drink maybe fruit or carrot

Lunch : Soup & snack of more toast and peanut butter// NOW: just soup

snacks: salt and vinegar chips with vinegar// FRUIT or CRACKERS etc

Dinners: usually healthy around 400- 500 cals

And

Dessert: usually mcdonalds sundaes! // Lower cal desserts or none at all
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Biscuits were my weakness - and lollies and chocolate!! Basically all things sweet. I could easily eat half a block of chocolate (about 700 calories) after dinner, lollies at lunch time - 250+ calories, and 5 or 6 biscuits in the afternoon... I would be around 1500 calories a day if I took out all my junk food !!

*edit*
    I say "were" my weakness. They still are... sigh
    Exactly THIS, especially the after dindin dark choco! Add to it all the fun apero salty things too. Ay ay yay!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Total guess 3-5k cals a day probably, maybe more.

I can eat like a champ.
  • DebbieDee2012
    Options
    I have been eating between 700 and 900 calories a day now for about two weeks and have not lost anything. Before I had been eating 1000 to 1200 calories a day and losing like crazy. I am two pounds away from my minus 25 pound mark and I can't seem to see it happen. Any advice? I exercise about an hour a day doing cardio and weights, too. What's going on with me? Should I just have a little more patience and just keep doing what I am doing? What?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have been eating between 700 and 900 calories a day now for about two weeks and have not lost anything. Before I had been eating 1000 to 1200 calories a day and losing like crazy. I am two pounds away from my minus 25 pound mark and I can't seem to see it happen. Any advice? I exercise about an hour a day doing cardio and weights, too. What's going on with me? Should I just have a little more patience and just keep doing what I am doing? What?

You are not eating enough. Strange as it sounds, but you NEED to eat a minimum of 1200 a day.
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i never counted cals before MFP and i would always say to myself.... i dont get why i cant lose weight... i dont eat that much. then i started to see how many cals are in different foods i was eatting and how much i would eat them OMG....... no wonder i was soooo fat!!!!! Not sure how many all to gether in a day but I got on a web site that calculates how many cals to maintain and at my weight i was it was pushing 4000 to 5000 cals a day........ now i get 1600 and im not starving at all!! :bigsmile:
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My original weight was 120lbs, and I gained SIXTY POUNDS in a year and a half :noway: With my knowledge of calories, I reckon I was eating between 3000 and 5000 calories most days, of complete and utter CRAP! Not a fruit or veggie used to pass my lips, and now I'm addicted to healthy foods. I eat clean, and stick to anywhere between 1400 and 1900 per day depending on exercise :smile:

Ugh...when I think about how much I used to be able to polish off in one day...its disgusting! I was never hungry, EVER...was just emotional eating/eating out of boredom/eating things that tasted good due to additives & MSG.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I was at 2000-3000 and now it's about 1600-1800 and I run about 100 miles per month.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    YES! I logged what I was eating before and with all the ready meals, takeaways and soda - it was over 3000 cals
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    4000 to 5000 I imagine

Now 2500 +/-200

... Now if I ate 5000 I would feel seriously ill after a couple of days of it