Hi pal!

Options
Hello! I'm Estela, a newbie. I weigh 111lbs with a height of 5'3". My BMI says I'm normal, but I do feel bloated due to my sedentary lifestyle (office work, on my laptop most of the time). I joined MFP primarily to get fit and have a healthy lifestyle which you can only achieve if you track what you eat and what you do with your body. I was really surprised to learn that some of my usual food, which I thought are less in calories as compared to the full meal, are actually high in calories but few in minerals and vitamins. Tsk tsk.
I also learned that a casual jog(run) for 20mins can help you burn 134 calories which means that I can eat another one light meal without jeopardizing my goal calorie-intake per day.
I realize that I don't have to deprive myself of food, i just have to be smart in choosing what to eat....which I can do by counting calories (and vitamins & minerals as well)! This site is really helpful! I'm on my 3rd day! Yey!

Can I count with you guys? ^_^

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    Feel free to add me, seems like you have a good attitude, andlosing weight doesn't mean starving yourself. Judging by your current weight, I imagine your not so much trying to lose weight, but more or less tone up. Have you thought about adding some weight traing to your routine. Running is great of course, but doing some lifting should really help to tone up your alread lean frame.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...always looking for new and supportive friends
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, seems like you have a good attitude, andlosing weight doesn't mean starving yourself. Judging by your current weight, I imagine your not so much trying to lose weight, but more or less tone up. Have you thought about adding some weight traing to your routine. Running is great of course, but doing some lifting should really help to tone up your alread lean frame.
    This!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I would look into the weight training stuff...you look like you're doing great on the bmi!
  • EstelaJS
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for the suggestion(s). You're right, I'm not really trying to lose more weight. But I am a health-conscious person, thus, I try to eat healthy food as much as possible (amidst the city lifestyle).
    I know nothing about weight training. I don't have time to go to the gym. Moreover, i heard that if you stop working out at the gym, you'll gain more weight. Thus, i prefer the natural way of toning up my body (running, playing badminton, swimming) but I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I'm thinking of Yoga (which is also a stress reliever). What do you think guys?

BTW, congratulations on your achievements!