smokers,, well, ex.....

Options
any ex smokers that crave?????? help>>>>>>>>>

Replies

• klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes and YES!!!!!! Every day! Especially with most of my family being smokers. And a lot of my friends. I have quit ... Again. And this time it will stick.
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't smoked in over 4 years. I'll get the odd craving here and there, but it goes as quickly as it came.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    My husband is trying to quit. He's toned it down alot, but still hasn't completely put them down yet. I guess he finally decided that after 20 years, it might just be time.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I quit the day before my first son was born 2 years ago. I didnt want to be a smoking parent and my wife doesnt smoke.

I still get cravings now and then but you just have to remember how far you've come and that it would only take 1 to fall back into old habits. Dont reason with yourself over it just tell yourself NO :)
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    i quit smoking when i fell pregnant with my daugher... she is now 9... i would be lying if i said i still didnt have a craving every now and then... particulary when i drink alchohol

i have "rarely' had a puff..... but its actually quite disgusting for me now.... i still LOVE the smell when a cigarette is first lit.........
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1, week 2 of being a non smoker.... I'm drinking more water, less brews as i think having a brew is a trigger for me...

Good luck, we are doing ourselves a huge favour ;)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    i quit smoking when i fell pregnant with my daugher... she is now 9... i would be lying if i said i still didnt have a craving every now and then... particulary when i drink alchohol

i have "rarely' had a puff..... but its actually quite disgusting for me now.... i still LOVE the smell when a cigarette is first lit.........

I'm only 8 months down but I totally agree with this...lol I still take a sniff when I walk past smokers esp when the have just lit up but have found the few rare puffs I have had are really gross now (which oddly enough doesn't stop me from craving them! LOL). This is my 4th serious attempt at quitting and deff the most successful.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I quit 4 days, 6 1/2 hours ago. :) So yeah, still having cravings. I use a variety of things when a craving hits. I'll get up and walk/pace, get a drink of water, get a piece of gum or a sugar-free hard candy, or pick up my phone and look at the "quit smoking" app I downloaded.

The app is called "Cessation Nation" and when you download it you enter when you had your last cigarette, how much you used to smoke, and what you paid per pack and after that it tracks how long you've been quit, how many cigarettes you haven't smoked, how much time and money you've saved, and then on another tab it has a list of all the changes going on in your body since you've quit. I like to look at it to remind myself why I'm doing this. Also, it has a couple really basic little games in it. Each one lasts for 3 minutes because they say on average that's all the longer a craving lasts, although it feels like much more at the time. The purpose is just to distract you for three minutes, and it works. By the time I'm done with the game, the craving has generally passed. So if you can find something to do that will hold your attention for three minutes when a craving hits, that may help!