10 People. 5 Pounds. One Month. [October Challenge]

Options
Hey MFP!

I'm looking to lose at least five pounds this month, and I love the idea of a challenge, but prefer the intimacy of a smaller group. So, we are going to limit this challenge to 10 members! If you are one of ten people ready to hold one another accountable... join in! :smile:

[Note: If you are not one of the first 10 people there is another 5 pound October challenge in the forum that has not capped its membership]

HOW TO JOIN THIS CHALLENGE:

1. Please indicate which number you are (i.e., I am the first to join, so I am number 1. The next person is #2)
2. Introduce yourself
3. Talk a little about your week so far
4. Please provide your current weight and your goal for the end of the challenge.

NUMBER: 1

INTRODUCTION: My name is Jamaica, and I work for an online K-12 charter school. I have been a member of MFP for over a year and have experienced both the joy of success and the frustration of regaining. I am thrilled to be back on the right path, and I am pleased to have finally accepted the fact that I need to pace myself and set realistic goals. I am petite, and hope to make my ultimate goal weight of 105 in time for Spring Break--in a warm place!

MY WEEK SO FAR: The week thus far has been pretty good. I have stayed on target and have been taking a lot of Zumba classes. I have also been trying to mix up my routine with weights and a few new classes.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 136
GOAL WEIGHT: 131

Weigh in Dates:
9/30 (or 10/1)
10/8
10/15
10/22
10/31

Total weight lost:

Replies

• CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join your challenge! The idea of a smaller group is great.

I haven't lost anything for a while so I really need to kick things up a gear. A 5 pound loss in October would be brilliant.

NUMBER 2

My name is Charlie. I'm 40, have a pretty stressful job, and 2 young daughters. So I'm normally pretty exhausted even before I do a workout! I've been on MFP since Feb 2011 and reached my goal weight after 6 months. It went up again after a holiday. Getting it back down again is taking a while. I work out 6 days a week and love strength training.

My week so far has been spent nursing my entire family with colds, and now I've come down with it myself :-(

CURRENT WEIGHT: 133.5
    GOAL WEIGHT: 128.5

Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I m in oh my god waiting for something like this jamaica

Number #3

I am Kathy. Lost almost 15 pounds with you last year. But gained back sitting at work n no friends to encourage me.i want this so bad it was great team work last time and i want to loose weigh before my birthday in november.

Current week was good till thursday then weekends are bad for me.

Current weight :142lbs
    Goal weight :136 lbs

Excited about this.
    Kathy
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to join Number 4

INTRODUCTION: My name is Khalilah. I work with hihg school students in an afterschool program. I have been on here for 2.5 years. My weight fluctuates a lot. I will lose 15 then gain 10 back. I am hoping to lose 5 lbs this month and keep it off.

MY WEEK SO FAR: I did pretty well this week. I just finished foundation crossfit classes, so this coming week I will start the actually classes. I'm a little nervous.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185.5 (last weighed in two weeks ago)
    GOAL WEIGHT: 180

Weigh in Dates:
    10/1
    10/15
    10/29
  • sahar87
    Options
    Hi, I want to joine this group, I really want to loose my weight from this month,

Number #5

I am sahar, 25 years old, I studied chemistry and worked as a teacher for 1 year, but then married and moved to UK, now I am just going to college, to improve my English, then apply for Pharmacy next year,,, I have been MFP member from 3 months ago, at first2 months I went to gym and have a diet, but it doesn’t work,,, so I become disappointed and GIVE up.. I really thinking of changing my life, but it is so hard, as my husband works as a security guard,,, and 5 days a week he has a night shifts,, so he usually come home at 4 o clock morning,,, then WE eat DINNER ( ;D ) and we go to bed at 7 o clock after watching some movies ( i usually read books!!). my eating time table changed during 1 year of moving to UK (just me, my husband has been here for 10 years) and in result I gain 20 kg and become 95 kg (210 lb) !!! just because of bad habits... anyway,,, i am really want to change my life, and never ever eating after 9-10 o clock at night,,,

My week.... just going to college,, try to walk more, and will manage a new diet ..:)

Weight : I am now 210
    my goal is ,,,, uuummm,, i hope for 200 =D
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    NUMBER:6

INTRODUCTION: Hey Guys! I'd love to be a part of this! I have a lot of traveling going on this month but need something to keep me on track! My name is Laura, I am a horse trainer, I have been part of MFP for quite a while but need something to get me back into being consistent. I lost 70 lbs about 5 years ago, and had managed to maintain around 165 for the next few years, last year I started running and got down to 145. My ultimate goal is 135, I have gained 20 lbs back since last year (The first time I had put weight back on :( so time to get off my butt and do something about it!)

MY WEEK SO FAR: Last week was the first time I had started to pay attention to my calories again. So I'm happy with my progress so far with getting back on the wagon, I have meals planned for the week and am hoping to start walking again.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 165
    GOAL WEIGHT: 160

Weigh in Dates:
    9/30 (or 10/1)
    10/8
    10/15
    10/22
    10/31
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'll be #6. Thank goodness this is going to be a small group!

My name is Tabby. I am a 35 yr old, happily married mother of 3 boys and 1 angelbaby. I just got started on MFP at the end of July. I haven't really made much progress yet, but I am determined not to give up! I was down to 127 by thanksgiving last year from 135- (after birth of my youngest in 2009-started @ 175, but with breastfeeding I got down to 135). I let stress and bad eating habits throw me off the wagon and ballooned up to 147. I am watching what I eat and am exercising 5-6/wk.

SW: 141.2
    GW: 136 by end of Oct
  • mtmom1012
    mtmom1012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    NUMBER 7 (lucky, right?)

I'm Katie, and I started here back in January (when I was still pregnant with my son). I had 2 kids in less than 2 years, and am working to get healthy by the time I turn 40.

CW 235
    GW 230

I've been bad this weekend, but will be heading to the gym this afternoon to get a good work out in before my crazy work week starts tomorrow.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This is great! I even see a couple of familiar faces (hi Khalilah and Kathy!) So far we have:

1. Jamaica
    2. Kathy
    3. Khalilah
    4. Sahar
    5. Laura
    6. Tabby
    7. Katie (lucky indeed)

Three spots left!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'll be number 8

My name is cherie

CW. 156
    GW. 147

So far this week I have e a positive outlook. My hardest times are the weekends.
  • ab958
    ab958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Number 9 then I guess!
    My name is Alison.

My week started out ok, pretty motivated. A major problem for me is living in catered halls at Uni. There is dessert at every meal! But I stayed strong, only had one (which was a must have chocolate torte). Anyway I thought I was doing ok and then my boyfriend asked me to go for indian with him last night. Bad idea! So starting out again too. New week new me and all that!
    CW 220
    GW 215
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Melissa

CW 240
    Gw 165
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Melissa

CW 240
    Gw 165

My week was going pretty good, I have stayed under my cals most of the week. i really need to get back to the gym this month and kick my work outs in gear.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    im in for all challenges this month. need to seriously see some weight loss!!

CW: 168 lbs
    GW: 158 lbs (my wish) or 163 lbs (i'll be happy with) :happy:

10/1 ----> 168 lbs
    10/8
    10/15
    10/22
    10/31
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You seem to have missed Charlie as the second entrant.
  • shedpoundsforgood
    Options
    ready to lose 5 lb this month , I'm:smile: in a positive mood and in the right frame of mind to do this,lets gojavascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body')
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dang - I was too late this time Miss J - you already have 10 people - maybe next time? Good luck!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    weigh-in

10/1: 141.8

up a tiny bit, but still on the downhill overall.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it into the group, but you can all do it! If you want support, feel free to add me.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I missed the group this time, but maybe next time. I wish you all luck.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! This challenge is now FULL! It looks like two of our members both listed themselves as number 6, so the accurate list is:

1. Jamaica
    2. Charlie
    3. Kathy
    4. Khalilah
    5. Sahar
    6. Laura
    7. Tabby
    8. Katie
    9. Cherie
    10. Alison
    11. Melissa (We'll make it 11 members because it stinks to think you are in, and then be out!)

That's all ladies!