accepting myself : best nsv :)

Options
I used to be so down on myself.
It got to the point where I would not even look myself in the mirror because I desperately did not like what was looking back at me.

A lot of my insecurities came from having this "perfect" picture in my head and comparing myself to others. Also because I cared too much about what others think. I have though since decided, what people say about me shouldn't matter. What matters is how I view myself, I have to live with myself for the rest of my life, but if people are a$$hats to me I can cut them out.

The real reason I started losing weight was because I was not happy with myself...who I was, more mentally than physically. Right now I couldn't feel any better about myself! I am beautiful - on the inside and the out. I have my flaws.. sure, who doesn't? But I also have my strengths and that is all that matters. I have goals, I have dreams, I have hopes and I have a future.

I am also beginning to love my body, I am actually quite happy with it. I'm going to keep eating healthy and exercising. I'm trying to not let the scale dictate how I feel. It hardly ever moves but the tape measure does as does my body composition! That's all that matters right? :)

I looked in the mirror for the first time yesterday and said that "I am beautiful" to myself and didn't feel like I was lying. Just gotta believe in myself.

Imperfection is beauty. =)

Replies

• lmsorrell1
    lmsorrell1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful NSV and very well said.
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Very well said and very motivational, thank u!
    I have the words "Imperfection is beauty" tattoo'd on my arm to remind me every day! :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Very well said and very motivational, thank u!
    I have the words "Imperfection is beauty" tattoo'd on my arm to remind me every day! :)

Oooh awesome! So jealous!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful NSV and very well said.

Thankyou :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!