OMG -Sooooo hungry today...

Options
I have no idea why I am so hungry today. I have been hungry within 1 to 1 1/2 hr of eating the last meal and all I can think of is when can I eat next to the point of not being able to focus on anything else!:-( I have done "drink the water" all day but it only helped for maybe 10mins. There has been no change in what I eat, I pretty much stick to the same diet ( types of food) every day....aaarrrrrggghhhh! Cant wait for the day to end and get back to work tomorrow!

Replies

• Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way yesterday so I ate. Did the scale go up today? Sure did, but I know that it will go back down again quickly and I didn't suffer. Today I was much more satisfied and found it a lot easier to stick within my calories.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I get that way when I'm cold and when I eat too many carbs.

Protein helps - I love a few cashews.
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I ate apple with peanut butter thinking that maybe my fat intake was low......no change
    then I ate some more peanut butter:-)
    then I ate peanuts and almonds.........no change
    then had my tea......since then it is slightly better......
    Afternoon was REALLY tough!
  • RDSHAW2009
    Options
    I've had days like that. Mine is usually due to hormonal issues:sad: ... lol I hope tomorrow is a better day:smile:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i was so hungry today too, ate way too many cals... about double! hate to see the scale in the am.
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    I feel for ya....I'M STARVING TOO!
  • Con246
    Con246 Posts: 2
    Options
    Eat some zero calorie foods or snacks with hardly any calories in that are good for you. I like to snack with salsa which is a zero calorie food and very healthy - of course you might want to put it on something so try a natural rice cake which is very light in calorie or 7 grain nachoes - but count how many you are having so you don't go overboard. Or have some kind of fruit - like a apples sliced up. I obviously have these problems too so have to find things to eat . Cut up carrots - you can pretty much eat as many as you want of those . Same with broccolli - I know not fun to eat veggies but they do fill you up. Good luck - I fight with my weight all the time - am not trying to sound like I am good at this just giving some suggestions that I try to keep the hunger at bay .
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Eat some zero calorie foods or snacks with hardly any calories in that are good for you. I like to snack with salsa which is a zero calorie food and very healthy - of course you might want to put it on something so try a natural rice cake which is very light in calorie or 7 grain nachoes - but count how many you are having so you don't go overboard. Or have some kind of fruit - like a apples sliced up. I obviously have these problems too so have to find things to eat . Cut up carrots - you can pretty much eat as many as you want of those . Same with broccolli - I know not fun to eat veggies but they do fill you up. Good luck - I fight with my weight all the time - am not trying to sound like I am good at this just giving some suggestions that I try to keep the hunger at bay .
    [/quote

Excellent suggestions! Planning to have a huge salad for dinner and stop eying the yummy pasta I just made for the kids:-)
  • jeleda913
    Options
    I've had days like that. Mine is usually due to hormonal issues:sad: ... lol I hope tomorrow is a better day:smile:

I can SO relate! But yes, we all have those days. As long as you're not "munching away" every day, it's ok to give in once in a while. In fact, my experience has been that if I DON'T give in once in a while, I end up having a much bigger binge down the road. As was said earlier, your scale may not go down that day, but it will as soon as you go back to your daily habits. Good luck! :-)