Canadians - Beef anyone?

Options
kr1stadee
kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
How are you all handling the beef recalls?

I'm in Nova Scotia, where the recall was limited to ground medium. So I get extra lean, and think I'm ok!

I just checked the list and now it's ALL ground beef here, steak, meatloaf, cubes of beef... essentially, the whole cow, up to and including September 14th, 2012.

I've eaten beef (luckily we haven't gotten sick).. but geez!!

Replies

• no1canadianangel
    Options
    I haven't purchased any since... and I don't think I will until everything is clear. Better safe than sorry :)
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Here in Newfoundland, the recall was just for the stores Foodland and Sobeys and I shop at Colemans so my beef was fine.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    We raise our own naturally raised beef........is there any place around you where you could purchase it? The food industry is so scary! EEEK.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Luckily in our town (in BC) it only affected Safeway and Sobeys, and I don't buy meat from either. Even more luckily all the beef in our freezer right now was supplied by my FIL after he bought part of a cow.
  • lynn_1972
    lynn_1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    me too Colemans always was a better place to shop then Foodland now it really is lol
  • ashleykovacs
    ashleykovacs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't eat red meat so I'm safe :P - Turkey and Chicken :)
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm in Calgary, AB - I don't buy ground beef, however.

I stick with the AAA sirloin - I get a good deal because my dad's a chef and we order through his work :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm in Calgary, AB - I don't buy ground beef, however.

I stick with the AAA sirloin - I get a good deal because my dad's a chef and we order through his work :)

Pretty much anything made of cow has been added to the recall :(

I have a HUGE roast in the freezer that I don't know what to do with. Meat isn't cheap!

I am going to the local Farmers Market on the weekend though (only opened Saturday mornings) and get some beef.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    When I saw the news I was extremely thankful that I had not purchased any recently, yet I feel extremely concerned for those that have consumed this meat. Why does it feel like this e.coli issue in foods is becoming more and more common? In this day and age you would think sanitation standards are higher than ever.
    Well, it's a chicken week for me!