Weight Watchers

Options
Can anyone tell me how Weight Watchers calculates the points that they assign you? I have done WW in the past and cant remember and someone asked me the other day and now I need to know out of sheer curiosity because it is killing me trying to figure it out!

Replies

• helliecopter
    helliecopter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's an equation - something to do with calories and saturated fat. Can't quite remember, which isn't much use to you, sorry! I used to have a spreadsheet on my old laptop that worked it out.
  • Nener
    Nener Posts: 116
    Options
    I think there is 1 pt. for every 50 calories. When I was dong it I could have 26 pts. a day which is about 1,800 calories. Hope that helps
  • cburke08
    Options
    There's a basic questionnaire that you have to complete and based on your current weight, sex, age, height and activity levels it works out your daily point allocation.
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    It used to be (about 3 years ago) a simple weight, age and sex. Now it gives you an alloted number of points based on longer list of questions that also asks about how active you are in your job and workout level.

The food points are based on calories, fat and fiber. It did eaual out to about 1 point for every 50 calories.
  • rsharples
    Options
    Hi,

I found this on a UK website.

Step 1.

If you are female you start with 2 points
    If you are nursing you start with 12 points
    If you are male you start with 4 points

Step 2.

If you are between 17 and 26 add 4 points to your points total
    If you are between 27 and 37 add 3 points to your points total
    If you are between 38 and 47 add 2 points to your points total
    If you are between 48 and 57 add 1 point to your points total
    If you are over 58 add 0 points to your points total

Step 3.

Take the first two numbers of your weight in pounds, and then add them to yout points total. So if you weight 204 pounds, you would add 20 points to yout total. If you weight 150 pounds then your would add 15 points to your total.

Step 4.

If you are under 5 feet tall then add 0 points to your total
    If you are between 5'9" tall then add 1 point to your total
    If you are over 5'10" tall then add 2 points to your total

Step 5.

If you spend most of the day sitting down, add 0 points to your total.
    If you mix sitting and standing then add 2 points to your total.
    If you are walking most of the time then add 4 points to your total.

So as an example;

female = 2 points
    age 27 = 3 points
    Weight 175 pounds = 17 points
    height 5'6" = 1 point

Total points = 23 points per day

On top of this you get an extra 35 points per week to use as you want, which works out as 5 a day, but you can't carry them over from one week to another. Use them or lose them!
  • angelface12004
    Options
    you may find this useful

http://www.spruce.ca/health/wwcalc.html